JFS is a 126-year-old non-profit organization providing effective social services to individuals and families of all backgrounds in the Puget Sound region. We help people achieve well-being, health and stability. For more information about JFS, please visit www.jfsseattle.org.
We are currently seeking a full-time (37.5 hours per week) Director of Marketing & Communications. The Director is responsible for setting strategy and executing communications plans that support Jewish Family Service’s work, mission, and goals to the community and to targeted markets within the community. This role develops and implements all communications related to the Agency’s social service programs and to its fundraising efforts. This role also supports program and development staff in meeting their communications goals and revenue objectives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Establishes the marketing strategy and executes external communications plans and initiatives that support the Agency’s work, mission, and goals.
- Collaborates on executive and internal communications.
- Supports special events and external audience engagement through marketing communications plans and execution including print, online, advertising, public relations, and video.
- Works with development staff to create key fundraising messages and themes and establish vehicles that provide donors with relevant information to enhance their interest in JFS.
- Manages, plans and produces Agency marketing materials, advertising, annual report, program brochures, newsletters, etc.
- Develops and executes public relations and media initiatives, such as press releases and media outreach for events or programs.
- Negotiates and monitors vendor and advertising contracts and relationships to ensure compliance with deliverables, cost, and quality.
- Supervises the Marketing & Communications Manager and Web Developer.
- Monitors available analytics to measure effectiveness of communications efforts and conduct reviews of tools and outreach strategies.
- Ensures the establishment and maintenance of a cohesive Agency identity across all programs and activities.
- Oversees design and creation of the website and all digital communication and channels.
- Performs other tasks as requested by the Chief Development Officer.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum ten years of experience in related field.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated hands-on creative/writing experience and proficiency in digital and print media.
- Ability to work effectively with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent planning/organizational skills and keen attention to detail.
- Ability to lead and take direction, work independently, manage multiple projects, and meet deadlines under pressure.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
Mission: JFS helps vulnerable individuals and families in the Puget Sound region achieve well-being, health and stability.
Approach: Jewish history and values guide our work; therefore, we provide effective services to people of all backgrounds and also have a responsibility to meet the particular needs of Jewish individuals and families in the region.
Values: Client-Centered | Integrity | Learning Community | Quality | Trust & Respect
Jewish Family Service offers competitive wages and a generous benefits package.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Applications are only accepted online.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
If you are interested in joining our team, please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Vets