Details: Salary and benefits commensurate with level of experience.
31 Chambers Street
The Building Energy Exchange (BE-Ex) is an independent nonprofit driving energy efficiency in the built environment through our first of its kind resource center in downtown Manhattan. We act as a hub for activities that help building owners, operators, and designers save money and reduce pollution and carbon emissions through energy efficiency measures. We provide education, exhibits, targeted research and critical tools to advance the energy efficiency of buildings, directly supporting the City and the State’s ambitious climate action plans.
The Exchange is both a place and an objective. We deliver our own programming while also providing a neutral setting for the exchange of ideas and progressive discourse. The Exchange delivers diverse programming, networking opportunities, and actionable information of best practices and technologies. We are also a virtual presence, at be-exchange.org, showcasing our research, resources and a community calendar of important events.
Join us and help us transform New York into a cleaner and greener city built to last.
Reporting to the Executive Director, and working with the Managing Director of Strategy & Programs, the Resource Associate assists in all aspects of developing and executing BEEx’s project goals by assisting in the development and execution of industry resources (including reports, playbooks, curricula, case studies, exhibits and virtual resources), and plays an active role in helping to realize the organizations’s mission and objectives.
- Participate in project conceptualization, research, funding efforts, and development;
- Assist in managing specific BEEx projects, including coordinating with partners, consultants and clients; research and development; scheduling and documenting meetings;
- Production of project content, analysis, graphics, and copy; including interim and final reports, newsletters, web presence (website, blog, social media), and presentations;
- Attend and assist in the production and delivery of BE-Ex programs, including evening events;
- Maintain a working knowledge of NYC’s relevant events.
- Assist in the development and implementation of all aspects of communications, including web presence (website, blog, social media), and publicizing the organization’s activities;
- Assist in promoting the organization, its mission and programs to relevant stakeholders; identifying and implementing use of alternate communication channels;
- Represent BE-Ex at public and private forums;
- Maintain a working knowledge of significant developments and trends in energy efficiency, generally, and efficient lighting, specifically.
Candidates with Bachelors or Masters degree in Architecture, Engineering, Sustainable Development/Management, Environmental Sciences or related fields will be preferred. Candidates with working knowledge of building science strongly preferred. Excellent references from post-collegiate work experience required. 2-4 years work experience expected for those with Masters degrees, 4-6 years for those with Bachelors. Familiarity with the NYC real estate market and actors a plus.
Salary and benefits commensurate with level of experience.
email@example.com with subject: Resource Associate - [Name]
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required