Details: $15.00 to $20.00 /hour
Sitters Without Borders (SWOB) is a quickly growing non-profit organization whose mission is to advance mothers into economic independence by providing free childcare for low-income mothers who are attending college. SWOB operates by providing free weekly 4-hour babysitting sessions through volunteer babysitters. Our collaboration with many universities and organizations in Boston has allowed us to grow rapidly. The organization, founded 4 years ago has a long waiting list of families in need and volunteers ready to serve.
The Program Coordinator will learn about client management in a non-profit organization, along with developing strategies and protocols for an organization. There is room for growth and opportunity for taking on new, interesting and challenging responsibilities. The coordinator will have a range of duties, all designed to improve and grow the organization.
Time commitment: 20hrs/week, some hours may be flexible
Responsibilities and Duties
- Manage family and Sitter enrollment for free weekly volunteer childcare, review applications, conduct interviews and background checks.
- Coordinate and conduct Sitter Trainings.
- Match Sitters and Families based on compatibility, oversee and ensure quality services.
- Collect and review Feedback forms ensure safety and quality. Offer on-going support to matched families.
- Oversee and execute administrative tasks such as T-shirt orders, presentations, mailing lists.
- Maintain relationships with partners to continue referral.
- Lead the Operations Committee; brainstorming for developing more efficient internal processes, pitching and implementing new strategies for operations.
- Administrative tasks as needed.
Qualifications and Skills
- Highly motivated, goal-driven and possess outstanding problem solving and organizational skills
- Excellent oral and written communication required
- Must be very comfortable with Excel
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to communicate well with others and build relationships
- Ability to work independently
- Great prioritization and time management skills
- Experience/interest in case management preferred, not required
Minimum Education Required