The Coalition for Restaurant Safety & Health (CRSH), is a group of hospitality & food service workers and allies who organize to achieve safer, harassment-free work cultures within our communities.
Our coalition was established more than three years ago based on the lack of consistent and sustainable solutions to sexual harassment in Philadelphia restaurants. The coalition is one of the first of its kind in the country, critical to its success is the leadership of hospitality & food service workers. In coalition, we provide education through intersectional sexual harassment prevention trainings, legal guidance on implementing anti-harassment policies, and resources on how workers can build solidarity and organize their workplaces.
- Dedication to workers’ rights and gender justice, and specifically to building a strong labor movement that puts gender equity at its center;
- Previous experience organizing in a community/labor union and/or workers’ movements, women’s rights and sexual violence; immigrant rights, which includes recruiting new members, building groups, developing leaders, working on coalition-building with other groups/organizations, planning campaign strategy and direct action;
- Understanding of grassroots campaign work, building community power and campaign escalation, centering community members and moving at a pace that works best for them.
Primary Roles and Responsibilities
- Plan and implement a communications strategy with CRSH team to build worker power for safer workplaces, free of intersectional sexual harassment
- Social media: Facebook, Instagram & Twitter. Researching news portals and writing copy to create posts that raise awareness about the importance of gender and sexual violence in the industry. Create a hub for workers and allies to connect and create collective power in these platforms. Includes trauma informed educational blurbs. Writing in a voice that is representative of the CRSH collective.
- E-newsletters and email action/campaign alerts
- Website content generation
- Manage contact database, including data entry and cleaning, report generation, event registration form maintenance, etc.
- Basic graphic design skills, familiarity with programs such as Canva, Illustrator, WordPress, Wix
- Former or current barista, catering or restaurant worker (hospitality & food service workers)
- Experience with community and/or labor organizing
- Strong listening, written, and verbal communication skills
- At least 2 years of experience actively managing social media accounts
- Highly motivated to interact and build a growing audience with other workers, political and community allies through social media platforms
- Independent worker with the ability to work as part of a team in a growing organization
- Desire to learn, grow and be challenged
- Bilingual Spanish-English
The Coalition for Restaurant Safety & Health is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates for employment will be considered without regard to race or ethnicity, gender, age, national origin, marital status or sexual orientation. Women and persons of color are encouraged to apply.
This position is part time. 20 hours a week.
Salary: Depends on Experience $15-20 per hour.
Submit a detailed cover letter outlining your relevant experience and interest for the position along with an updated resume in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.