What We Do
With residents and partners, LISC forges resilient and inclusive communities of opportunity across America – great places to live, work, visit, do business and raise families.
Strategies We Pursue
- Equip talent in underinvested communities with the skills and credentials to compete successfully for quality income and wealth opportunities.
- Invest in businesses, housing and other community infrastructure to catalyze economic, health, safety and educational mobility for individuals and communities.
- Strengthen existing alliances while building new collaborations to increase our impact on the progress of people and places.
- Develop leadership and the capacity of partners to advance our work together
- Drive local, regional, and national policy and system changes that foster broadly shared prosperity and well-being.
Over the last 40 years, LISC and its affiliates have invested approximately $22 billion in businesses, affordable housing, health, educational mobility, community and recreational facilities, public safety, employment and other projects that help to revitalize and stabilize underinvested communities. Headquartered in New York City, LISC’s reach spans the country from East coast to West coast in 37 markets with offices extending from Rhode Island to San Francisco. Visit us at www.lisc.org
The LISC Rhode Island office is focused on affordable housing, economic development, along with capacity and wealth building opportunities for LMI families. Visit us at: www.lisc.org
Local Initiatives Support Corporation (LISC) seeks an organized, professional to become the Program Assistant in its Rhode Island office.
The Program Assistant will be responsible for ensuring efficient office operations by providing a range of administrative functions to support the LISC office. In addition, the Program Assistant will provide support to the RI team to ensure grant/contract management is timely and accurate and programs are administered smoothly and effectively. Responsibilities include grant administration, compliance and disbursements, and financial management. The successful candidate must be proactive, organized, familiar with budgeting, able to perform multiple tasks and work well with others; possess outstanding administrative and computer skills; and have excellent oral and written communication skills.
The position offers an excellent working environment and exposure to a broad range of community development activities.
- Track, and update donor lists, records, and communication materials used for fundraising
- Process and track local office revenue and expenses monthly for accuracy; provide financial management support to include: invoicing, updating payment status, proactively communicating with LISC National finance and accounting teams
- Process all incoming checks and track status of all receivables
- Plan and coordinate events logistics to include: trainings, conferences, and special events
- Assist with Local Advisory Committee meetings (minutes, logistics, and meeting coordination)
- Develop and enhance processes/procedures to effectively manage daily office operation
- Distribute mail, overnight packages, respond to phone and email inquiries from the public, maintain office and meeting space, proactively ensure office is prepared for meeting and guests
- Order office supplies and manage inventory to ensure adequate supplies for the office and staff
- Work with LISC IT to maintain/troubleshoot LISC operating systems, software, applications, computer & other office equipment
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with local Program staff and national LISC backroom operations staff
- Provide administrative support to the LISC RI team
- Coordinate with the Communications dept. and as required update our social media accounts & mailing list (constant contact)
- Support Financial Management and Grants Management, including tracking and reporting on grant outcomes, processing financial reports, processing grant disbursements, and supporting grant compliance
- Support asset management by maintaining tracking and reporting
- Support grantees and applicants to compile needed documentation and answer applicant inquiries
- Monitor and update internal reports and data lists
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Associate’s Degree from an accredited college or university or comparable work experience
- Minimum 3+ years’ related work experience in administration or community development preferred
- Working knowledge of the economic, political, and social environments of the Rhode Island area especially of under-resourced neighborhoods, community based organizations, and affordable housing development efforts preferred
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Experience analyzing and organizing conceptual and quantitative information
- Manage multiple and varied projects with strong attention to detail, organization, and accuracy
- Work independently and as a part of a team
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite applications
- Familiarity with social media and web development a plus
- Experience working effectively with diverse staff and stakeholders
- Excellent customer service skills
Compensation: LISC offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits.
To Apply: Submit a resume and cover letter to: “PA Search” email@example.com
LISC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY, EQUITY, INCLUSION & JUSTICE