Position Title: Afghan Placement and Assistance Case Manager
Reports to: ACC DC Metro RP Program Manager
Location: Arlington, VA / Silver Spring, MD
Job Summary – This position is responsible for providing effective resettlement and supportive services to Afghan humanitarian parolees being resettled through ACC DC Metro.
- Oversee case management for incoming community members in order to provide systematic, coordinated, and timely service delivery that address community member needs holistically and contributes to cultural adjustment and self-sufficiency, including:
- Follow established eligibility criteria; identifying needs; developing service plans and employability plans; providing general counseling, referrals, and other assistance; tracking clients' progress; and assessing program effectiveness.
- Document each client’s case through forms and case notes, indicating all contacts made with and on behalf of clients in order to provide internal and external evaluations of program accomplishments.
- Pick up new arrivals from this airport and transport clients to their apartments.
- Secure and furnish housing for new arrivals and perform purchasing of supply list items (food, cleaning supplies, toiletries, etc.) as necessary.
- Conduct home visits and provide assessment of client’s current living situation. Document findings in client’s case files.
- Make appropriate referrals to social service agencies, community resources, and other organizations according to program guidelines.
- Facilitate all employment efforts with these participants: interviews, drug tests/physicals, employment paperwork, employment verifications, challenges in the workplace, etc.
- Work intensively with clients to improve employability through small-group orientation and training sessions, including job interview preparation and job skills development, among other topics.
- Provide transportation assistance to necessary medical appointments and show newcomers how to use the area’s public transportation system.
- Provide one-on-one and group socio-cultural orientation and crisis intervention on such topics as maintaining a safe, clean home; health; care of infants and children; shopping and budgeting; raising children in the United State school system.
- Provide (access to) interpretation and translation services in refugee languages.
- Assist with management of medical health needs for clients with escalated health concerns
- Attend biweekly staffing meetings with supervisor and report on ongoing service delivery, outcomes, and escalate issues.
- Participate in community-wide activities that promote ACC’s goals.
- Perform other tasks as needed
Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.). in social work or related field; or one to two years of related training and experience; or other equivalent combination of education and demonstrated experience.
- Proficiency Dari and/or Pashto required
- Self-directed, motivated, and able to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Knowledge of public benefits system in the DC metro area: TANF, PPP, Medicaid, Food stamps, SSI, and subsidized housing programs.
- General knowledge of resettlement practices in the U.S. including a working knowledge of United States immigration laws and regulations.
- Detail-oriented, extensive documentation skills, organized, and able to work in a multi-tasked environment.
- Skilled at crisis management, problem-solving, decision-making, and mediation.
- Cross-cultural sensitivity and knowledge with the ability and desire to work with people of other cultures.
- Maintains punctuality for work, appointments, and report dates.
- Must work well in a team setting.
- Commitment to the mission, vision and values of ACC.
- Possess a valid driver’s license and access to own transportation
- Required computer skills: Word, Excel, Internet, Gmail, Outlook. Comfortable in utilizing new programs and databases.
- Background check and clean DMV record.
Please submit by mail or e-mail a cover letter and resume to:
901 S. Highland St.
Arlington VA 22204