Community Preservation and Development Corporation (CPDC), a subsidiary of Enterprise Community Partners, is a 501©(3) nonprofit that creates and preserves financially sound, socially responsible affordable housing. Since its inception, CPDC has increased the stock of affordable housing in the Mid-Atlantic region by more than 6,000 units and has owned and/or redeveloped more than 25 affordable housing communities in Washington, D.C., Maryland, and Virginia. Today the organization serves more than 9,000 residents.
CPDC’s mission also promotes partnerships with its low- and moderate-income residents and public and private organizations to establish programs that strengthen communities and increase opportunities for individual growth.
CPDC is an Enterprise Community Partners (ECP) affiliate. The ECP Resource Development Group generates philanthropic support for CPDC/Enterprise affordable housing efforts through relationships with corporate, foundation, and individual donors. This position is located at CPDC offices in Silver Spring but reports to the Vice President, Resource Development Group and is one of nine development professionals located in Enterprise offices across the country.
The Director of Development is responsible for the development and strategic management of foundation, corporate and federal sector fundraising for CPDC. This position involves significant proposal and report writing, effective interaction with CPDC, staff and board members, and working closely with the Senior Vice President of Community Impact Strategies (CIS) to prioritize requests to meet fundraising goals. CPDC works with many partners including community and national foundations, city and county governments, local service agencies and other nonprofits.
- Develop and execute a comprehensive fundraising plan with the primary focus on corporations and foundations and a secondary emphasis on individual giving
- Personally identify, engage and cultivate relationships with corporate, foundation and individual donors, securing gifts in the 5 to 7 figure range for both programmatic and general operating support
- Develop a deep understanding of programmatic vision and initiatives
- Work in close coordination with the Senior Vice President CIS, providing support as needed to advance fundraising strategies with key donors while leading the effort to expand the donor base in collaboration with CIS staff
- Serve as the principal author of concept papers, LOIs and formal proposals, leveraging CIS staff as needed. This requires the ability to translate complex programs and concepts into compelling written materials for donors and prospects
- Work with communications to maintain effective and consistent marketing and communication tools
- Track donor and grant development
- At least five years progressive fundraising success in a nonprofit organization exceeding revenue plans.
- Bachelors degree required. Masters degree preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to identify, cultivate relationships with and secure gifts from new donors
- The organizational, time management and people skills necessary to succeed in a matrix organization with multiple people engaged in the fundraising process
- Excellent writing and verbal communications skills
- Proficiency in basis Microsoft Office tools and user experience with customer relationship management software
A working knowledge of the affordable housing/community development sector would be very helpful, as would experience working with a range of corporate and foundation donors. Some exposure to individual giving would be a plus.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please apply directly on our website at https://careers.enterprisecommunity.com