Details: $17.00 P/H
361 15th Street
The YMCA of Greater New York is here for all New Yorkers — to empower youth, improve health, and strengthen community. Founded in 1852, today the Y serves a diverse population of more than half a million New Yorkers who learn, grow, and thrive through programs and services at our 24 branches. Community is the cornerstone of the Y. Together, we connect active, engaged New Yorkers to build stronger communities.
The Prospect Park YMCA – Park Slope Armory is seeking qualified individual who will be responsible for providing a safe and secure environment for all occupants, by ensuring that the premises are maintained, with all laws, regulations, codes and standards pertaining to security and safety are met.
- Ensure the safety and well-being of participants and staff by providing close supervision of facilities; control access into the facility and exit ways.
- Ensure the health, safety and well-being of youth in the program by providing close supervision of participants in the hallways.
- Adhere to and enforce the security policies at all times.
- Adhere to all Department of Health, Department of Youth & Community Development, NYCHA and YMCA of Greater New York standards.
- Patrol facility for the purpose of detecting all infractions of house rules, and report it to the proper authorities.
- Maintain fire/safety log books in accordance with the facility requirements.
- Security logs include daily sign in and sign out sheets for all participants and visitors.
- Inspect all bags, packages, etc., leaving premises as described in YMCA policies.
- Participate as an active member of the fire brigade.
- Effectively communicate program information to participants and visitors.
- Perform investigations and thoroughly document.
- Appropriately report and document all incidents/accidents immediately.
- Be on time, in uniform and prepared to work at the beginning of shift.
- Ensure the check-in area is always neat, organized and free of hazards.
- Assist with general housekeeping tasks when necessary.
- Actively participate in designated meetings, training sessions and special events.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of one year of security experience.
- NYS Certified Security Guard License preferred.
- Current CPR/First Aid/AED preferred.
- Knowledge of security and safety procedures.
- Sprinkler S-95 FDNY certification preferred, but must be obtained within 90 days of employment.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
We offer an exciting and innovative work environment with a culture committed to serving all members of our community. As a leading not-for-profit, community service organization, our Association relies heavily on fundraising to support the wide range of programs we proudly provide the communities we serve. Our expectation is that all staff promotes participation of their branch fundraising efforts in some capacity. If you would like to be a member of our dynamic team, please forward your cover letter and resume with subject line “Security Guard” to firstname.lastname@example.org or to:
Prospect Park YMCA – Park Slope Armory
Attn.: Bryce Eve
361 15th Street
Brooklyn NY 11215
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER ♦ DRUGFREE WORKPLACE
Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities
New York City’s YMCA | WE’RE HERE FOR GOOD.