4930 Laverna Road
Hospital Sisters Mission Outreach www.mission-outreach.org addresses the serious unmet medical needs of people in developing countries by collecting, repairing, packaging, and distributing medical supplies and equipment to hospitals and clinics around the world.
Principal Responsibilities Include:
- Develops written standards and training materials to support consistency in volunteer activities across all Mission Outreach sites.
- Ensures training for new volunteers and regular in-services to communicate changes in standards and policies.
- Coordinates for daily, evening, and weekend volunteer activities.
- Cultivates relationships and potential volunteer sources.
- Maintains appropriate records for all volunteer activities.
- Maintains quality of sorted, boxed inventory and assures movement of all product.
- Personal computer skills and various software experience, including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Database management programs.
- Demonstrated leadership, relationship building, and communication skills.
- Demonstrates decision-making and problem solving skills.
- Must have a strong sense of mission.
- Must have a valid Illinois driver's license and good driving record.
- Must be able to travel upon request. Some overnight travel may be needed.
- Must be able to carry and lift up to 50 pounds.
- Retirement Plan
- Health, Dental, Life, and Disability Insurance
- Health Care and Dependent Care Spending Accounts
- Paid Time Off Program with additional Extended Illness Benefit
- Fitness Benefit
Minimum Education Required