1887 Bathgate Avenue
Sign-On Bonus for Certified Teachers
At Volunteers of America, learning does not stop with our students. Our Bronx Early Learning Center offers a supportive environment that encourages your career development through top-notch training, tuition reimbursement and the sharing of ideas among colleagues. With small class sizes and an adaptable curriculum, you’ll experience the greatest reward of all—knowing that you can make a real difference by helping children with special needs reach their greatest potential.
M.S. in Special Education. New York State teacher certification in Special Education K-12 (prior to February 2004) or an internship certificate, conditional, supplemental, initial or professional certification in Students with Disabilities, Birth-Grade 2.
The Teacher implements instruction based on The Creative Curriculum and Prekindergarten Performance Standards, NYC aligned with children’s Individualized Education Program (IEP) goals and objectives. Adhere to the professional standards recommended by the National Association for the Education of Young Children to maintain accreditation.
- Implement The Creative Curriculum and ensure that the National Association for the Education of Young Children standards are reflected in every classroom.
- Prepare weekly lesson plans following The Creative Curriculum format.
- Supervise the activities and assignment of the teacher assistants with individual children or groups of children in the classroom.
- Write Individualized Education Programs (IEP) and monitor children’s progress in goal areas.
- Write annual IEP goals for children and Quarterly reports to parents on children’s progress.
- Implement instructional (e.g., Applied Behavior Analysis, ESL) and behavioral (group and individual) strategies and methodology in the classroom.
- Collect and monitor data related to individualized behavior plans, IEPs, children’s attendance and other instructional and administrative areas as needed.
- Assess developmental functioning and learning skills of students in all areas, at regularly planned intervals using The Creative Curriculum assessments, The Brigance Inventories, and other formal and informal assessment tools.
- Attend team meetings and CPSE conferences as needed.
- Make parent contacts, provide for transition of instruction to home, and invite parents for school visits.
- Implement the policies and procedures contained in the Early Learning Center manuals.
**Sign-On Bonus does not apply to referrals from outside agencies**
Volunteers of America offers a comprehensive benefits package to help protect you and your family, top-notch training opportunities, and an energetic and professional work environment.
Minimum Education Required