The St. Nicks' Division of Youth and Education is looking for part time After School Dance Instructors to work at our programs at Elementary Schools, Middle Schools, Beacons and Cornerstone Community Centers.
The Dance Instructor will be responsible for designing and delivering curricula for dance (hip hop, modern, urban ballroom, step, jazz, etc.) enrichment activities while ensuring the safety and engagement of youth. The position requires a passionate, creative, energetic, team-building leader committed to providing the highest quality of programming for youth.
- Design and deliver curricula for dance (hip hop, modern, urban ballroom, step, jazz, etc.) enrichment activities
- Lead dance activities that are engaging and age-appropriate
- Actively monitor and engage participants during all program activities, including meals, transitions, field trips, clubs, activities, recreation and dismissal
- Plan and facilitate purposeful and engaging activities and theme-based projects catered to the age, stage and interests of participants
- Serve as a positive role model for participants by demonstrating professional language and behavior
- Develop positive, caring relationships with young people and their families
- Utilize youth development principles to enhance program quality and support growth in young people
- Collaborate with co-workers and program supervisors around effective program operations; uphold all safety standards and procedures
- Actively participate in training and professional development to continuously improve on quality
- Must hold or be pursuing a degree in performing arts.
- At least one year experience working with children and young teens in afterschool settings HIGHLY preferred
- A sound understanding of English including reading, writing and speaking; bilingual abilities a plus
- Ability to collaborate with other team members
- A genuine enthusiasm for developing professional skills through training opportunities, observation, coaching, and feedback
- After School Availability between 3pm-5:30pm, approximately 12 hours a week; Monday- Friday; some holidays and holiday weeks
- Comply with School Age Child Care (SACC) requirements; including background check and medical clearances.
- Must be empathic, patient, understanding, and a good listener
- Lots of energy and enthusiasm!