The Training and Volunteer Specialist is responsible for organizing and marketing training programs for volunteer attorneys, providing pro bono legal services to Pro Bono Center (PBC) clients, as well as providing training programs for nonprofit and small business clients of the PBC. The Training and Volunteer Specialist assists with recruiting volunteers, provides information to D.C. Bar members about pro bono opportunities, and assists with special projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Works with PBC attorneys and staff to assess training needs and oversees the training schedule.
• Assists with recruiting faculty chairs and plans programs to ensure relevance of content to training goals.
• Coordinates the logistics of PBC training events; implements and ensures adherence to training guidelines and policies.
• Records and produces training videos, podcasts, and webinars.
• Establishes and maintains relationships with co-sponsoring organizations and conducts outreach to client communities.
• Provides quality control for course materials.
• Oversees the training registration desk on specific weekday evenings and ensures evaluation of each training session.
• Responds to inquiries from attorneys seeking information on pro bono opportunities.
• Assists recruit volunteers for the PBC by developing plans and making presentations. Designs and implements volunteer recognition activities. Serves as a representative of the PBC at public events and pro bono fairs.
• Drafts reports, comments, memoranda, agendas, correspondence, and marketing and publicity materials. Writes speeches and talking points for PBC leadership for various events.
• Administers the D.C. Bar Pro Bono Partnership, including organizing quarterly events and producing the legal services provider and law firm directories.
• Develops and administers operating budgets for the training program, special projects, and committees.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Relevant work experience.
• Ability to work evenings for a variety of Pro Bono Center trainings and events.
• Demonstrated commitment to valuing diversity and contributing to an inclusive working environment.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office 365.
• Experience with video production software (i.e. iMovie or Adobe Premiere).
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Must be detail oriented and deadline driven. Able to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment.
• Must work well under pressure, possess excellent organizational abilities, and able to manage several priorities in a day.
• Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills. Must work well in a team environment and be able to interact with Bar members, volunteers, vendors, clients, the public and Pro Bono Center and Bar employees.
• Must be adaptable, creative, and self-motivated.
• Ability to handle and maintain confidential and sensitive information.
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
• Public speaking experience.
• Experience working in a training or events planning role.
• Experience with association management systems.
• Experience with video streaming software (i.e. Zoom, WireCast, WebEx).
This is not an attempt to list all essential functions of this position. Job duties may change over time based on organizational needs.
The D.C. Bar is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, disability status, or any other applicable characteristics protected by law.
The Training and Volunteer Specialist is responsible for organizing and marketing training programs for volunteer attorneys, providing pro bono legal services to Pro Bono Center (PBC) clients, as well as providing training programs for…