Women Deliver is a leading global advocacy organization. We build capacity, forge partnerships, create networks, develop messages and catalyze actions that spark political commitment and investment in the health, rights, and wellbeing of girls and women throughout the world. We bring together diverse voices and interests to share solutions and drive progress particularly in gender equality and maternal, sexual and reproductive health and rights.
The Senior Associate, Policy and Advocacy plays a role in helping to shape and implement Women Deliver’s policy and advocacy strategic undertakings, as well as support the Deliver for Good campaign activities. In this new role, the Senior Associate reports to the Senior Manager (Deliver for Good).
- Supports partner and ally engagement including leading working group calls and agenda building for the Deliver for Good campaign.
- Provides technical assistance on advocacy and policy campaigning and serves the primary advocacy coordinator on the Deliver for Good campaign – providing support to the grantee and coalitions members – in one to two countries for national-level advocacy work (the specific focus country to be determined, could include Kenya, Senegal and/or India).
- Serves as lead on project and grant management for national-level partners and coalition members.
- Serves as focal point for 2-3 issue areas on behalf of Deliver for Good campaign, which may include areas such as access to resources (land, energy, water, and sanitation) education, women’s role in decision-making, reducing gender-based violence and other harmful practices, and climate and the environment.
- Serves as a policy and advocacy team liaison to the youth engagement team on the Deliver for Good campaign; supporting engagement of Women Deliver Young Leaders related to national, regional and global campaign gatherings and events.
- Conducts media monitoring related to the Deliver for Good campaign and key issues, keeps apprised of evidence and case studies, monitors global and national platforms to support the ongoing strengthening of the in-house expertise on Women Deliver’s advocacy issues and the investment areas of the Deliver for Good Campaign within the designated focal point and county level engagement areas.
- Contributes to advocacy outreach efforts and supports the development of meeting notes, evidence-based policy briefs, presentations, advocacy statements, toolkits, talking points, responses to relevant advocacy moments with messages and materials –all in service of the Deliver for Good campaign.
- Partners with the Communications team in supporting appropriate media and communications strategies and activities in country related to the Deliver for Good campaign.
- Develops in-depth landscape analyses to inform Women Deliver’s global and in-country advocacy efforts within the designated focal point and country level engagement areas related to the Deliver for Good campaign.
- Supports the implementation of strategic plans for advocacy activities including, but not limited to: Women Deliver’s 2019 conference; Deliver for Good campaign; thematic meetings; country consultations and convenings; and other advocacy events around key calendar dates.
- Contributes technical guidance and quality assurance on advocacy and policy work for the organization as a whole, as it relates to issues featured in the Deliver for Good campaign.
- Supports the development of and revision to donor reports, grant proposals, and other documents as necessary.
- Helps to develop materials and coordinate logistics for advocacy trainings for partners and key stakeholders.
- Participates in various events, meetings, and conferences connected to the development and execution of Deliver for Good campaign priorities.
- Organizes and attends meetings, briefings, conferences, and other events relevant to the Deliver for Good campaign, prepares notes, and coordinates event logistics, as needed.
- Works to ensure the timely completion of deliverables related to the work plan.
- Carries out other duties as assigned.
Qualifications, Skills, Education, and Knowledge:
- BA/BS required in a related field such as public health, international relations, gender studies, political science, or human rights. Master’s degree preferred.
- 4-6 years of work experience, working with diverse cultures on global health or international development campaigns, programs, or initiatives.
- Prior experience on advocacy and policy campaigns.
- In-country level experience preferred in Eastern Africa, Western Africa or South Asia.
- Expertise in and passion for gender equality, international maternal, sexual and reproductive health and rights issues, with an emphasis on girls and women – a background in economic empowerment, girls’ education, or climate change is an added plus.
- Solid research experience evaluating quantitative and qualitative research with the ability to discern high-quality data sources.
- Strong organization and project management skills –from afar – with the ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks and work independently while meeting tight deadlines.
- Ability to apply strategic and creative thinking, while being persistent, motivated, proactive, energetic, and detail-oriented.
- Strong interpersonal skill and ability to diplomatically handle sensitive situations with target audiences, cultures, and organizations to ensure productive partnerships.
- Ability to design and implement creative, analytical approaches to improve programs and projects.
- Ability to translate technical reports and research into materials for non-technical audiences.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel, and adept in creating professional PowerPoint presentations.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally.
- Superb writing and editing skills, and professional communication and presentation skills in English.
- Hindi or French language skills highly preferred.
- Must be able eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship.
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter, CV, and salary requirements to: email@example.com
Minimum Education Required