Program Administrator (Health Informatics)
- Job posted by American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists
American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG), a membership organization dedicated to the advancement of women's health care in Washington, DC, is currently seeking a Program Administrator (Health Informatics) to coordinate College programs and activities related to content development for interoperability, data collection, data analysis, and clinical informatics.
- Administer and coordinate projects, timelines, deliverables, stakeholder engagement, planning, and other activities for the Women's Health Registry Alliance, The Birth Registry Steering Committee, Family Planning Annual Report, Patient Reported Outcomes, and other health informatics and research projects as they arise
- Conduct research summaries, literature reviews, needs assessments, and other evaluations to support ACOG's health informatics projects and strategic initiatives.
- Draft and contribute to proposals for grants, cooperative agreements, and contracts
- Attend and participate in meetings with relevant organizations and agencies; Maintain relationships with consultants, application developers, government agencies including Office of the National Coordinator (ONC); standards organizations; NLM VSAC; EHR vendors, registries, and application vendors;
- Support activities for the ACOG Comprehensive Women's Medical Record, and other health information technology projects within the department
- Provide assistance on special projects as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field is required; Master's degree is preferred
- Minimum of four years of experience in health informatics, public health, or other health related field
- Strong organization skills and close attention to detail required
- Capable of prioritization, and both detail-and deadline-oriented
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently
- Project management and coordination skills
- Advanced computer skills including MS Office
- Able to think strategically through projects and communicate ideas effectively
- High motivation and professionalism
- Ability to work under pressure and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Experience with analytical tools a plus
- Background in women's health preferred
- Must be able to work extended hours on planned meeting days (700am-900pm); May require some travel.
Home to more than 58,000 women's health care professionals, the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG) is a membership organization leading advancements in women's health. When you become part of the ACOG team, you're part of an organization that values communicating evidence-based, peer-reviewed information about women's health to members and the general public. ACOG supports its members by maintaining authoritative clinical guidance, providing continuing medical education resources, patient education materials and more. Together with our members, we are working to transform the future of women's health by delivering a compelling member experience, supporting the ob-gyn profession, and advocating for improved women's health.
Paid Parental Leave – Breastfeeding Friendly Workplace – Flexible work schedule – Commuting Allowance – Generous Paid Time Off – Holiday Pay – Life Insurance – Community Volunteering Opportunities – Generous 401(k) Company Contributions – Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance – Learning Opportunities and Tuition Reimbursement – Company-Sponsored Team Outings – and more!
ACOG is an EEO employer committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. As a federal government contractor and in accordance with applicable laws, regulations, and Executive Orders, the College takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants and employees covered are not discriminated against because of their race, color, religion, national origin, sex (gender), age, disability, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, personal appearance, gender identity or expression, family responsibilities, political affiliation, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic that is protected by applicable law. For more information about your equal employment opportunity rights, please view this poster: EEO is the Law. The College also participates in E-Verify.
Minimum Education Required