We have two positions available in this role
Nexleaf works to preserve human life and protect our planet by leveraging data gathered from the hardest to reach places on earth. Partnering with leading organizations such as Google.org and the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, we use data and technology to improve the health of people around the world. For example, in our Vaccine Program, our award-winning sensor technology protects the vaccine supply chain for 1 in 10 babies born each year.
We are looking to hire two Development Managers who will play a critical role within the Strategic Partnerships and Fundraising team. This position will own fundraising for either the (1) Vaccine Program or our (2) Clean Cooking and Medical Equipment Programs and will co-lead fundraising for cross-cutting accounts. The Development Manager will work closely with the Program Managers, Directors and our CEO to identify, cultivate, solicit and steward grants and gifts from private and public sector partners.
Last but not least, we’re a small team with big ambitions for fueling Nexleaf’s growth and are looking for someone who is adaptable, ready to roll their sleeves up and seize opportunities to contribute where needed. If you are passionate about developing relationships with internal and external stakeholders and would like to play a key role in enabling Nexleaf’s growth, we’d love to hear from you.
- Identifies, cultivates, solicits and stewards fundraising opportunities to support the Programs as well as cross-cutting accounts.
- Develop relationships with key stakeholders and funders, gain specialized knowledge of Nexleaf’s programmatic strategies, and cultivate strategies to win funding.
- Manage existing accounts and lead funder communication outreach based on programmatic success (examples include regular email updates, quarterly headlines, compelling stories of our work, newsletter segments and more).
- Identify and attend conferences and grantee meetings for funder engagement and expand Nexleaf’s pool of funders and donors
- Maintain complete and accurate records of proposals and contacts in Salesforce and Monday.com.
- Lead and execute on all aspects of proposal development including project management, cross-functional team collaboration, grant writing and more.
- Develop grant budgets with internal stakeholders and effectively negotiate grant budget items, grant contract terms, and more with external stakeholders.
- Research nonprofit technology funding trends, global health funding trends, and other related topic areas to influence overall fundraising strategy.
- Support the Strategic Partnerships & Fundraising team on additional team projects and priorities as needed.
Keywords: Fundraising, Grant Writing, Relationship Development, Account Management, Non Profit
- You enjoy meeting new people and cultivating relationships
- You are deeply curious and a great listener with an ability to ask powerful questions to unlock insights and perspectives from others
- You have excellent interpersonal and EQ skills and are masterful at giving and receiving feedback and building trust, even in challenging situations with internal and external collaborators
- You enjoy closely collaborating with your teammates
- You have a knack for storytelling and consider yourself a great writer
- You are organized, detail oriented, and thrive in fast-paced environments
- You consistently meet deadlines
- You are passionate about the use of data and technology to improve the health of people around the world
Skills & Attributes
- 3-5 Years of fundraising, grant writing, and relationship development experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience communicating with large multilateral organizations (for example, Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, Google.org, Gavi, The Vaccine Alliance, etc.)
- Project management experience
- Experience using, implementing, and maintaining a CRM system
Nice to Have
- Legal knowledge of grants and contracts
- Global health sector experience
- Prior experience closing multi-million dollar grants
- Prior experience meeting and engaging with private and public foundations
- Amazing start-up culture that's purpose-driven and highly collaborative
- Fast-paced, high performing team focused on learning and getting better every day
- Benefits including health, retirement and generous PTO (14 holidays, 3 weeks vacation, 1-2 week year-end office closure)
- Flexible work hours
- 80 hours of parental leave
- Pet inclusive sick leave
- 401k employer matching