Details: Salary commensurate with experience; and please note this is location flexible position.
No Means No Worldwide is an internationally acclaimed training academy for sexual violence prevention and recovery for women and children. Our goal is to end sexual violence against women and children around the world. We train local young men and women from high risk communities to deliver IMpower, our dual-gender sexual violence intervention system that teaches girls to set boundaries, stand up and defend themselves and boys to challenge rape culture, ask for consent and intervene in attack.
Stanford University researchers have found that IMpower drops rape rates by 50%, which has led to endorsements from the World Health Organization, the CDC, UNICEF and the Global Partnership to End Violence Against Children. NMNW is excited to be taking steps to scale the program on a global level. If you are entrepreneurial, eager to build and lead an organization poised for massive impact and determined to end the global rape epidemic, keep reading.
The Managing Director (MD) will collaborate closely with the Founder/CEO to inspire NMNW’s strategy, development and organizational growth. The MD will be directly responsible for leading the organization’s operations, including financial planning and management, strategy execution, performance management and fundraising activity. The MD will foster excellent collaboration and communication across all departments, ensure clear articulation of strategic growth, and develop and strengthen relationships with funders, governments and other partners through accountability and transparency. The MD will provide strategic support to the leadership team, and oversight on the financial and operational matters of all NMNW’s implementing partnerships.
In addition to the internally focused aspects of the role, the MD will actively expand NMNW’s network and exposure externally. By publically representing NMNW at conferences, workshops and meetings, the MD will ensure that NMNW continues to be viewed as a strategic, innovative, results-oriented organization effectively working to end sexual violence.
This is a full-time position based in the United States with regular travel to East Africa. Salary is commensurate with experience. Applicants must have the right to work in the United States.
Strategy Creation and Execution
- Work closely with the Founder/CEO on strategic planning and goal setting, and lead subsequent implementation processes
- Cascade strategic goals throughout the organization, ensuring that all departments have clear work priorities that align with strategy and mission
- Lead the performance management process that measures and evaluates progress against goals for the organization
- Develop and implement a system for tracking and reporting on the progress of the strategic plan implementation to the Board of Directors and key stakeholders
- Provide effective and inspiring leadership by being actively involved in all programs and partnerships, developing a broad and deep knowledge of all programs
- Lead the development and upgrade of critical organizational policies and internal controls, including personnel hiring/onboarding/managing systems, financial accounting and expense reporting, travel protocols, impact measurement processes
- Coordinate the annual operations plan and budget across all departments
- Responsible for the effective operation and administration of NMNW’s implementation sites, ensuring sound fiscal management and reporting
- Oversee NMNW’s implementing partnerships by ensuring mutual compliance with MOU agreements and fidelity to NMNW/IMpower program content, and maintaining regular open communication
- Plan, coordinate and execute NMNW’s annual budget process
- Manage the organization’s spending within this budget, and report to funders, board of directors and leadership team on progress made
- Work with the finance department to design and improve financial controls and accounting services, such as grant management, payroll, accounts payable and purchasing
- Evaluate financial implications and support budget preparation for new program proposals before submission
External Relationship Development
- Manage existing and cultivate new relationships with strategic funders to secure and expand revenue streams
- Publicly represent NMNW by attending conferences, workshops and meetings, and present NMNW’s work and academic findings as necessary, in order to build excitement for NMNW’s mission
- Identify partnership opportunities with implementing partners, researchers, civil society, funders and others that could advance programming, visibility and ultimately impact of NMNW
- Minimum BA/BS (MPA/MPP/MBA/MSW preferred) with 5-10 years of experience (at least half of which is nonprofit or international development experience), and a proven track record of effective organizational leadership
- Proven track record having significant responsibility as part of a dynamic, early-stage NGO through a rapid period of growth and expansion, with ability to point to specific examples of having led organizational transformation projects and program development
- Analytic and decisive decision maker with the ability to prioritize and achieve results
- Significant understanding and experience with budgeting and fiscal management
- Past experience managing human resources, including personnel, compensation and recruiting
- Demonstrable fundraising experience, with the ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders across different cultures and geographies
- Experience working closely with multinational staff, collaborating partner organizations, Board members and other external stakeholders to achieve ambitious goals
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive and passionate communicator with strong public speaking skills
- Proactive, flexible and adaptive approach to overcoming challenges and finding solutions
- Commitment to innovation through the development of new, better or significantly different ideas, methods or initiatives to operational management and organizational development
- Passionate about ending sexual violence against women and an enthusiastic commitment to NMNW’s history and mission
- To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please include your name and the job title in your subject line.
- In your cover letter, please indicate how you learned about the opening.
- Applications are due by June 1, 2018 date. We intend to fill the position as soon as possible.
No Means No Worldwide is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply for this position.
Minimum Education Required