Race Forward: The Center for Racial Justice Innovation united with Center for Social Inclusion in 2017 to become the new Race Forward.
Race Forward is a national racial justice organization founded in 1981. Race Forward envisions a vibrant world in which people of all races create, share and enjoy resources and relationships equitably, unleashing individual potential, embracing collective responsibility and generating global prosperity. We strive to be a leading values-driven social justice enterprise where the culture and commitment created by our multi-racial and diverse staff supports individual and organizational excellence and sustainability.
Race Forward advances racial justice through research, media and practice. Founded in 1981, Race Forward brings systemic analysis and an innovative approach to complex race issues to help people take effective action toward racial equity. Race Forward publishes the daily news site Colorlines and presents Facing Race, the country’s largest multiracial conference on racial justice.
The Movement & Capacity Building Department is responsible for leading the team that produces Facing Race and provides racial justice training and consulting for nonprofit organizations. The Senior Training & Client Engagement Coordinator will be the primary facilitator for these trainings, in close collaboration with the Leadership Development Associate and the training team, reporting directly to the Director of Movement & Capacity Building.
· Co-facilitates Race Forward racial justice trainings,
· Provides coaching and consulting to Race Forward clients,
· With the training team, plans and evaluates training and consulting program,
· Develops client relationships,
· Promotes & recruits participants for Race Forward’s open to the public trainings
· Conducts prep calls, communicates specific needs for training and consulting engagements
· Leads project management on 3 - 4 concurrent training projects (30% of time)
· Completes other operational requirements (scheduling, calendaring, answering emails, coordination of meetings and engagements) based on the needs of the training team and Network Department
· Gives feedback and support on operating practices and record-keeping procedures; recommends changes for implementation.
· Establishes and maintains workflow systems, drafts documents, manages data as assigned.
· Maintains clear communication with the department members for follow through on tasks and assignments.
To perform this job successfully, candidates must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· 5- 7 years experience as a trainer (or comparable content delivery exp, ie teaching, adult ed, etc)
· Experience working in racially diverse environments and facilitating multi-racial groups
· Strong, confident ability to speak in public
· Excellent verbal skills, strong, compassionate, engaging personality
· Exceptional facilitation skills, phenomenal people skills
· Ability to manage large amounts of content, complex concepts and personalities in one room
· Ability to work independently and demonstrate strong initiative, creativity and innovation
· Availability to travel 3 – 4 weeks out of most months
· Excellent written communication skills
· Strong work ethic and equally strong sense of humor and patience
· Experience working remotely, superb attention to travel logistics and scheduling details
· Proficiency in Mac interfaces, Microsoft Office applications (i.e. PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Keynote, etc.) Google Suite, project management tools
· Deep, long-standing commitment to racial justice and understanding of Race Forward's mission and programs.
Employer paid Health, Vision, Dental, Life Insurance, Commuter/Remote Benefits, competitive Time off policies, and employer retirement contribution.
Minimum Education Required