9546 S. Ewing Ave
Build a strong base of immigrant and non-immigrant worker leaders by leading extensive outreach efforts such as workplace outreach, site canvassing, door-knocking to identify, recruit, and development new members.
• Develop and implement strategic campaigns to address unjust labor practices and raise workplace standards;
• Coordinate and facilitate bilingual biweekly membership orientations and training series to educate community residents and members about their labor, immigration, and other related rights;
• Work closely with Legal Clinic Coordinator to identify cases of unjust labor practices and engage in follow-up conversations with workers;
• Work with government agencies to establish best practices, policy changes, enforcement, and outreach processes to raise workplace standards;
• Educate and mobilize CTU membership base on labor-related coalition campaigns
• Develop and strengthen relationships with key allies, community organizations, religious institutions, and community leaders;
• Work closely with Organizing Team to increase membership engagement and provide support on non-labor campaigns as needed;
• Maintain and update membership, outreach, and campaign databases;
• Assist in coordinating organizational, grassroots fundraising, and media events;
• Assist in the development of CTU through leadership development, strategic planning,
• Write weekly and monthly work plans and reports;
• Other duties as assigned.
The salary will be commensurate with the candidate’s experience and qualifications. A benefits package is included.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Applications should be submitted electronically via email to firstname.lastname@example.org and include:
- Cover letter describing interest in the position and qualifications
- Names of three references
Please include “Community Organizer Application” in the subject line of any email.
Centro de Trabajadores Unidos—United Workers’ Center is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified persons are encouraged to apply, regardless of race, color, creed, ethnicity, national origin, ancestry, age, height, weight, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, marital or domestic partner status, or religious affiliation.