Per Diem RN with BRC's Detox Program - Flex Sched! Multiple Positions Available! Earn Extra $$!
- Job posted by Bowery Residents' Committee
131 West 25th Street
BRC's Chemical Dependency Crisis Center (CDCC) offers 32 beds of supportive medically monitored detoxification services for homeless men and women. These services are licensed by NYS Office of Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Services and funded by the NYC Department of Health and Mental Hygiene and the US Bureau of Primary Health Care. The CDCC program provides nursing coverage, individual and group motivational counseling, didactic health and substance abuse education, therapeutic activities and institutional twelve-step programs.
PROGRAM/UNIT: Chemical Dependency Crisis Center
HOURS: As Needed
- BRC Chemical Dependency Crisis Center seeks Register Nurses for evening, night and weekend coverage in our expanded 32-bed medically supervised and monitored withdrawal program in Manhattan.
- Identifies and prioritizes client care needs based on client history and nursing assessment.
- Perform client triage, assessments, and monitors for symptoms of acute withdrawal and/or symptoms of intoxication and the client's response to intervention and treatment
- Closely monitors clients during administration of medications. Ensures medication schedule is timely, and adheres to unit policy and protocol.
- Provides direct client care including ongoing client education with a focus on health restoration and maintenance. Recognizes and interprets clients' conditions and responses to medical intervention.
- Adhering to unit policy; accurately counts, records, and maintains a secured storage area for all prescription medications, sharps, syringes, and other medical equipment.
- Coordinates with other programs and community agencies regarding referral for on-going care or to a higher level of care.
- Completes required documentation in a timely and accurate manner. Able to deliver shift to shift report and communication that supports consistent client follow up.
- Complete nursing treatment plan that comprehensively endorses client needs and available resources. Participates in quality improvement projects.
- RN is able to take direction from immediate supervisor, and operate in a shift leadership role; all as part of a multi disciplinary team/ program. RN is able to understand the unique needs of the homeless population, within a fast-paced, community-based care setting.
State RN licensure, CPR-BLS required; Justice Center background check, including finger printing required; Certification in addictions or psychiatric nursing a plus. Previous relevant work experience in detoxification programs or emergency departments is preferred.
BRC is among the most comprehensive, effective, and fastest growing agencies in NYC serving homeless New Yorkers. With a $77 million budget and over 800 employees, BRC has 27 programs throughout the New York City area that work together to form a seamless continuum of caring and effective services to meet all of a client's needs. We employ a holistic approach, helping clients achieve health, wellness, and economic self-sufficiency, offering an array of housing and services for more than 10,000 of New York's neediest residents. BRC has an entrepreneurial culture with a track record of innovation. BRC is highly successful and has been recognized for it, most recently as a winner of the NY Community Trust's Nonprofit Excellence Award and as a national finalist for the Drucker Prize for innovative management. Staff at BRC works together collaboratively to address some of the greatest social challenges of our City and does so using a compassionate and respectful approach. In our most recent survey, 95% of our employees said they would recommend BRC as a good place to work. For more information about BRC, please see our website at www.brc.org.
Minimum Education Required