Full Time Temporary
Details: $13 per hour
120 Wall Street
AFS-USA is part of a worldwide network of AFS partner organizations that work together to advance global education and foster meaningful connections across cultures. As the network’s largest partner, AFS-USA works to increase the global competency of U.S. citizens by providing a variety of international and intercultural learning experiences to individuals, families, schools, and communities. We are proud of our Staff of approximately 200 dedicated individuals, working from our national office in New York City as well as home offices across the county, who collaborate with our more than 4,000 AFS-USA Volunteers to deliver high quality programs and global education resources. These include: immersion based study abroad experiences in over 40 countries worldwide; opportunities to host foreign AFS exchange students; and global learning workshops and curricula for educator, schools and businesses.
Hosting Travel Assistants are responsible for assisting in various in-office and on-site (airports and hotels) assignments related to the departure and arrival of thousands of exchange students to and from the United States. This position requires individuals who can happily balance the dynamics of working in a team based environment as well as thrive in their individual assignments. Strong candidates should have the ability to work well under pressure, work long hours, think critically, adapt to frequent in-office and on-site changes with effective communication to staff and students.
HOSTING TRAVEL ASSISTANT (2 available positions)
- Reconfirm return international travel arrangements
- Creating and updating travel schedules and providing them to AFS logistics staff.
- Assisting with travel day site arrangements for 5 gateway cities.
- Coordinating ticket distribution with AFS staff and volunteers.
- Process and track special travel requests.
- Meeting AFS students in NY and/or other gateway airports.
- Processing domestic tickets for groups and individuals.
- Arranging hotel rooms, meals and ground transportation for arriving groups
- Preparing and mailing special travel materials (ID cards, etc.)
- Meeting AFS students at NY and/or other gateway airports.
- Charter bus coordination
SENDING TRAVEL ASSISTANT
- Assisting with the various processes including but not limited to: Travel Notifications, Final Names, Travel Waivers, Program Extensions
- Compiling domestic arrival schedules for Sending Orientations, including contacting parents and students for domestic flight information
- Coordinating logistics for student returns in cases of flight delays or cancellations, including sleeping rooms, transportation when necessary.
- Preparing all necessary materials for each orientation
- Assisting in special projects with Departure Day and Arrivals
- Willingness to work long hours, evenings and weekend
- Meeting participants arriving on international and domestic flights at New York Area airports
- Instruct and transit participants to/from airport, hotels and to/from orientation sites.
- Assist participants with filing lost or damaged luggage reports with airlines.
- Distribute and collect tickets and materials to/from participants.
- Communicate with AFS staff at the orientation site and/or the office notified of delays/cancellations/problems.
- Effectively implement instructions given by AFS Staff
- Serve as representative to Airline/ Airport personnel on behalf of AFS USA.
- Required to work long hours; includes some early morning, evenings and weekends.
- Serve as an overnight chaperone with participants at hotels when needed.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Willingness to work flexible hours, including overtime and weekends.
- Enthusiasm and flexibility to respond to the needs of AFS staff and volunteers.
- Ability to follow detailed instructions.
- Excellent computer skills, knowledge of Word and Excel.
- Travel experience.
- Willingness to travel.
- Hours vary depending on travel needs
- Available mid-May/early June through late Aug. or early Sept. (2 positions available)
- Ability to speak a second language is ideal but not required.
Hosting Travel Assistant – Mid May to Mid-September
Sending Travel Assistant –Mid March to Mid-September
AFS-USA is committed to a work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. AFS-USA prohibits all forms of unlawful discrimination, harassment and retaliation, including behavior which targets an individual or group based on perceived or actual characteristics, such as but not limited to: race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), national origin, age, disability, military service, veteran status, marital status, partnership status, sexual orientation, familial status, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, alienage, citizenship status, caregiver status, status as a victim of domestic violence, sex offense or stalking, unemployment status, status as a certified medical marijuana patient or any other legally protected classification.
Commuter Benefits and NY Sick Leave
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Commuter Benefits and NY Sick Leave