We Never Say No. We Never Give up. We Never Turn Anyone Away.
Wood’s Homes is a multi-service, non-profit children’s mental health centre based in Calgary. Our over 550 staff and volunteers help provide 35 programs and services for 28,000 children and their families each year in Calgary, Lethbridge, Canmore, Strathmore, Fort McMurray and Fort Smith, N.W.T.
The commitment to high-risk adolescents, many of whom are faced with some very tough issues, is a point of pride for Wood’s Homes. The type of work we do requires quick thinking, confidence, forgiveness and persistence. We are proud of the high quality support services offered to our clients, partners and communities and, through our programs, will continue to promote and assist in the development and well-being of children, youth and families.
We are currently seeking a Director of Fund Development for our Wood’s Homes Foundation.
The Director of Fund Development is responsible for overseeing the implementation of the Wood’s Homes Foundation’s Resource Development Plan (2017-21). The primary focus of this role is to grow the philanthropic support for Wood’s Homes in the community. This position reports to the Director of Operations and Foundation and works in collaboration with the Manager of Communications.
RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to:
· Manage the implementation of the Foundation’s Resource Development Plan which encompasses the following main areas: annual giving, major gifts in support of approved fundraising priorities, legacy gifts, 3rd party events, Foundation events as required.
· Guide the process for identifying, qualifying and cultivating donor prospects, manage a portfolio of major gift donors/donor prospects.
· Manage the participation of board, staff and volunteers in building relationships with donor and donor prospects.
· Provide regular reports regarding progress toward financial goals.
· Develop and implement a strategic plan for overall donor stewardship and recognition and consult with finance and program staff to ensure proper financial stewardship of all donations to the Foundation.
· Develop/implement Wood’s Homes Foundation communication and marketing collateral including print materials, emails, website copy and social media strategies.
Staff & Volunteers
· Provide day-to-day leadership, supervision and direction to the Foundation staff.
· Provide guidance to the Community Engagement Coordinator in the selection, planning and implementation of corporate Days of Caring and with regard to corporate volunteer engagement.
· Collaborate with the Director, Operations & Foundation in regards to all Board meetings and Committee meetings.
· Assist the Director, Operations & Foundation in keeping the Board, funders, managers, staff and volunteers apprised of Wood’s Homes Foundation activities.
· Represent Wood’s Homes to the public in a passionate and professional manner.
● University degree or equivalent experience, with a minimum of five years of experience in fundraising or related work in a non-profit setting.
· Is a member in good standing of the Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP).
· A strong community network and an excellent reputation in the field of fund development both in the community and business sector.
· Experience and expertise in all areas of fund development and volunteer management.
· Proven supervisory and leadership skills.
· Strong organizational skills, critical thinking skills, communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills.
· An ability to work collaboratively and inclusively with others, both within and outside the Foundation and agency.
· Ability to manage diverse groups of people and ensure conflict is brought to resolution.
· Welcomes responsibility and enjoys taking on a challenge.
· Personal suitability is an important consideration.
Please visit us at www.woodshomes.ca for more information about our organization.
Wood’s Homes is proud to be awarded one of the 100 Best Places to Work in Canada for 2011 and 2012, as well as one of Canada’s Best Workplaces for Women in 2011. We offer an exceptional benefits package including vision, dental, extended health, a generous Group Registered Pension Plan and a Computer Literacy Incentive Plan.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit a resume to Wood’s Homes – Human Resources Department (Parkdale Campus) via email to: email@example.com. Please quote ‘Last Name, First Name, Director Fund Development’ in the subject line. We thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.