185 Columbia Road
Position Summary The Development Assistant is responsible for the administrative aspects of development, which includes fundraising for programs/operations and a capital campaign in its final year. This position reports to the Development Officer. The Development Assistant will also work closely with the Board Chair of the Development Committee, FNC’s Capital Campaign consultant, and directly with staff, as needed, when developing reports or writing proposals.
- Conduct preliminary research on prospective corporate foundation and individual donors.
- Prepare and assemble components of foundation proposal submissions.
- Assist in developing and implementing social media and donor communication plan.
- Process donations and prepare acknowledgement letters and other correspondence.
- Maintain foundation, corporation and individual donor files.
- Create monthly fundraising reports and other database reports as needed.
- Continually update and correct database records.
- Coordinate productions and mailing of year-end appeal letters.
- Send appropriate documentation to process credits to donors.
- Maintain guest lists, gather and prepare registration materials, and other duties as assigned for fundraising events.
- Prepare media materials for distribution (i.e. copying, filing, mailing, e-mailing).
- Assemble media and donor kits for events and meetings.
- Other duties as assigned by the Development Officer
- Bachelor's degree in a related field
- A minimum of three years' experience in an administrative position, preferably in a not-for-profit development office
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint, as well as with social media tools like Facebook and Twitter
- Database management experience – Salesforce experience preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to present information concisely and effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to organize and prioritize work
- Ability to work independently with little supervision
- Excellent interpersonal skills
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply: Send resumé and introduction to email@example.com