- Full-time, year-round position;
- Occasional evening or weekend hours may be required;
- Employment, responsibilities, compensation and other factors may be affected by changes in governmental regulations, the agency’s contracts, or at agency discretion.
- The communications coordinator is responsible for supporting the work of the Communications Department by overseeing logistics, facilitating collaborative efforts, and managing the day-to-day procedures of the department.
- The candidate must be able to communicate effectively, work independently and collaboratively within a small, close-knit team and thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- The position will report to the director of communications and will work closely with various staff in multiple programs within the agency.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Coordinate requests for proofreading, printing and translation services and other services provided by the department (tasks include serving as a liaison and routing documents, proofs and invoices between staff and vendors);
- Work with various divisions and departments to solicit and collect content for semi-monthly staff newsletter and prepare content for publishing;
- Manage department calendar, including coordinating virtual meetings;
- Assist in maintaining accurate data and push page scheduling in Constant Contact;
- Coordinate staffing and provide supplies for in-person outreach events (once events resume);
- Assist director of communications with website updates, such as document uploads, updating links and ensuring content is current;
- Manage department purchases and submit invoices electronically for payment;
- Collect activity data for quarterly board report;
- Maintain and update database of community partners and stakeholders for distribution of Head Start annual report (eventually agency annual report) and agency news;
- Promote and protect the agency’s brand;
- Support director of communications, print and digital marketing manager and digital media specialist.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills;
- Excellent writing and proofreading skills;
- Ability to adhere to agency style guide (knowledge of AP Style a plus);
- Personable and collaborative spirit;
- Ability to manage multiple time-sensitive projects simultaneously;
- Bachelor’s degree and three years of relevant experience;
- Proficient in Office 365, including Microsoft Teams;
- Proficient in project management software (Zendesk);
- Proficient in volunteer management software (SignUpGenius);