2917 East 1st. Street, Suite 101
Organizational Background: ELACC was formed in 1995 by four passionate Eastside activists who came together to create a community development corporation that blended equitable real estate with community engagement in Boyle Heights to keep development accountable to existing residents. Over the 23-year history of ELACC, we have leveraged over $230 million in investments through community-driven real estate development, mobilized thousands of residents to change policies, served thousands of low-income residents with community wealth services, and we provide quality affordable homes for over 2,900 people.
Our mission is to advocate for economic and social justice in Boyle Heights and East Los Angeles by building grassroots leadership, developing affordable housing and neighborhood assets, and providing access to economic development opportunities for low and moderate-income families.
Position: ELACC is looking a temporary accounting assistant with excellent organizational skills and the ability to multi-task. The qualified applicant will work independently with strong attention to detail and should have accuracy in their daily work. The Accounting Assistant will report to the Controller. Responsibilities include but are not limited to entry level accounting work such as posting detailed transactions. He/She will assist with day to day routine bookkeeping, clerical accounting duties, and other duties as needed to support the Finance Department. The position is for a one (1) year term.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Handle all aspects of day to day Accounts Payable & Accounts Receivable
- Record invoices, check requests & recurring payables
- Setup new recurring payables
- Post recurring payables
- Setup new vendors
- Follow up on all A/R and A/P issues
- Assist in audit support
- Monthly Payment checklists
- Participate and support organization wide events and activities
- Other duties as assigned by the Controller or needed to support the Finance Department
- Minimum of two years of experience in a non-profit or property management accounting (preferred)
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles
- Excellent customer services skills
- Attention to detail and have accuracy in daily work and other projects
- Ability to prioritize and meet communicated schedules and deadlines
- Ability to handle confidential information
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, and as part of a team
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Highly motivated
- Excellent organizational skills
- Extremely organized and able to multi-task
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, NetSuite, or other Accounting Software
Compensation: Compensation will be at an hourly rate of $18.00. This is a temporary position for a 1-year term. The temporary position is full-time non-exempt. No medical/health insurance or retirement benefits are provided with this position. This position will receive paid holiday and any office closures.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
ELACC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Email or Fax resume to contact below. Position open until filled
Katty Pollicino, Director of Office Operations
FAX: (323) 261-1065