The Bedford Stuyvesant Restoration Corporation (Restoration) has been a prominent member of the Brooklyn community for over fifty years. As the nation's first community development corporation, Restoration successfully partners with residents and businesses to improve the quality of life of Central Brooklyn. Restoration is seeking a Senior Officer - Budget Development and Management .
The Senior Officer - Budget Development and Management reports to the Chief Financial and Administrative Officer and has broad responsibility for the outcomes of the Budgetary Services functions. He/She supervises budget analysts.
- Hands-on responsibility for
*planning , coordinating, directing and administering the organization's annual budget development process, including capital budgeting.
*developing and executing budgetary controls measures.
*developing and maintaining robust communications with executives, senior managers, and department/program managers on budgetary, revenue and expense matters.
*developing budgetary polices and procedures.
*supervising, training and evaluating the Budgetary Services staff.
- Identifies staff development needs and implements approved developmental/training plans.
- As needed and/or requested responsible for timely preparation of accurate, complete and reliable, financial statements.
- Senior level financial management , is responsible for ensuring the Budgetary Services or assigned functions are carried out with the highest level of operational excellences and compliance.
- Participates in ensuring the maximization of accounting software in its design and utilization to optimize the contractual, funding, board, and internal reporting needs of the organization.
- Consistently develops and maintains structured budgetary services functions that clearly delineates the functions and tasks of each staff member in achieving the objectives of the unit.
Minimum Skill Set, Experience & Qualification:
- High-level budgeting and financial knowledge and experience, along with significant audit and financial statement analysis experience.
- Self-directed, solutions-oriented, multi-tasker, with strong communications and organizational skills, ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines, adept at managing peak work periods, and changing circumstances.
- Tenacious in meeting deadlines with the ability to work collaboratively and to engage in respectful communications.
- Ability to be responsive to internal and external inquiries and to be a resourceful, motivational team leader.
- Ability to achieve goals of the position without having direct supervisory responsibility over some personnel critically involved in the budget development and management process.
- A minimum of 8 - 12 years' progressive budget and accounting management experience, with at least 6 years in budget management or similar position, with a nonprofit and/or governmental agency with a $ 12 million plus operating budget.
- Experience with governmental grants and knowledge of governmental regulations.
- Bachelors in Accounting required. Masters in Accounting or Finance desired.
- Experience in preparing annual corporate budget and budget to actual reports required.
- Experience in preparing GAAP financial statements, notes to the financial statements.
- Experience with computerized accounting software, including Financial Edge, and MS Office.
- Expertise with Excel Spreadsheets and PowerPoint.