520 8th Avenue
About the Organization:
For 40 years ArtsConnection has been one of New York City's most comprehensive arts education organizations with programs in the performing, visual and media arts. We provide nationally recognized programs like residencies, curriculum development, teacher and artist professional development, educational research and professional performances in over 115 elementary, middle and high schools annually throughout the 5 boroughs.
Program Managers are facilitators of learning and logistics in ArtsConnection's programs in specific schools. Strong communication and multi-tasking skills are required to facilitate understanding of educational and artistic goals and objectives among teachers, artists, school administrators, school coordinators and parents. Additional responsibilities include: design, plan and document programs; collaboratively plan and lead Professional Development for Teaching Artists and classroom teachers; statistical reporting; supervision of teaching artists and assistants; and payroll management.
Specific duties include:
- Communicate with schools to create, plan and implement programs
- Facilitate planning and reflection meetings among teachers and artists
- Create budgets reflecting program design
- Schedule programs with schools and artists
- Prepare artist, school, and student/parent correspondence
- Supervise teaching artists’ work in schools and participate in on-going selection, training and evaluation of teaching artists
- Collaboratively plan and lead Professional Development for teaching artists and classroom teachers
- Schedule and supervise site coordinators
- Schedule and supervise student performances
- Observe and participate in ArtsConnection’s approaches to investigate the nature of teaching and learning in and through the arts
Qualifications: BA degree required. Minimum of 3 years professional experience working with schools and in the arts; understanding of educational issues; excellent personal and phone communication skills; problem solving skills and ability to work well under pressure essential; detail-oriented; bilingual Spanish a plus; computer proficiency a must. NYC Department of Education Fingerprint Clearance required.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
DEADLINE for applications: Sunday, October 21st, 2018
Salary: $42,500. Excellent benefits including: 2 weeks vacation, the week of December break and summer Fridays! Collaborative and fun office environment with an ongoing array of yummy treats excavated from all corners of the city and world!
Letter and resume only to:
Subject line: Program Manager
ArtsConnection is an equal opportunity employer. We have a strong commitment to equity and inclusion, and value the leadership and skills of people from diverse backgrounds. People of color, LGBTQ persons, and people from other historically marginalized backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
No calls please.