235 Grand Avenue
he Property Accountant will work closely with the CFO, Accounting Manager and other Accountants. He/she will report to the Accounting Manager. The critical work objectives are to assist with the financial accounting for the organization. The Property Accountant will also assist in audit preparation and special projects as needed. The Property Accountant will be responsible for providing excellent customer service. Success requires effective cross-functional management with members of other departments.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Enter cash receipts into the accounting system
- Maintain files for all cash receipts
- Perform all cash account reconciliations for all relevant bank accounts, including reserve accounts and security deposit accounts.
- Process any credit card transactions
- Enter annual budgets for the organization and properties in accounting system.
- Manage rent rolls, tenant ledgers, track rents receivable. Make payment arrangements and work with Property Management Department to initiate legal action if necessary. Coordinate legal matters with the Property Manager and Corporate Counsel.
- Process Security Deposits, both original receipt and settlement upon move out. Write checks to reimburse residents after move out.
- Maintain and verify Security Deposit Bank Balances
- Manage accounts receivable general ledger and A/R subsidiary ledgers
- Reconcile account receivable on a monthly basis
- Assist CFO and Accounting Manager with Audit Preparation
Assist with other special projects as needed.
BS/BA in Accounting or Finance preferred with 5-7 years related experience preferably in Property Management.
Knowledge of GAAP, general ledger, accounts payable and accounts receivable.
Knowledge of Real Page accounting systems or other Property Management software
Excellent analytical and organizational skills
Proficiency in MS Office Applications such as: Excel, Word
Willingness to be flexible and adaptable in a fast-paced environment
NWNH is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Minimum Education Required