One Rockefeller Plaza
The Manager, Office of the President is a high-level professional directly assisting the President of Global Cities, Inc. – A Program of Bloomberg Philanthropies, a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization established under the auspices of Bloomberg Philanthropies.
The Manager works closely with the President, in support of the ongoing activities, mission, and vision of Global Cities. The Manager proactively researches issues, contacts, projects, and programs in support of the President’s activities; briefs the President; writes in her voice; and works with senior leadership on evaluation activities. The Manager is a confidante of the President as well as a presidential direct report; the position offers significant opportunities for professional growth and advancement. Based in Global Cities New York City headquarters, the position requires the ability to work globally, and to work alongside the President in diverse cultural settings.
- Provides ongoing support to the President as a thought partner
- Researches speakers for special events.
- Conducts research related to evaluation efforts on subjects such as, global education, global digital exchange, and student outcomes
- Coordinates projects from planning through execution and completion.
- Documents project activities and reports on project status.
- Builds organizational knowledge through appropriate research.
- Researches and prepares reports about international digital exchange and global education.
- Creates communication for multiple audiences regarding the White Paper and evaluation.
- Assists with the creation of content for social media, website and other external audiences (i.e. op eds).
- Excellent political judgement
- Exceptional written and communications skills
- Excellent research skills
- Ability to analyze and present information in clear and concise formats
- Ability to work with external constituencies, including board members, peer organizations, and school district administrators
- Project management experience necessary, as is the ability to anticipate future activities and plan ahead to ensure task completion
- Ability to manage time, work autonomously, and handle multiple tasks while ensuring accountability
- Ability to work globally, and to work alongside the President in diverse cultural settings and with varied constituencies
- Experience in a team-based environment
- Ability to speak one or more modern foreign languages a plus
- Excellent computer skills; strong background in MS Office, particularly Excel, and iOS software and experience troubleshooting software and hardware issues
- Data management and analysis skills required; experience with Salesforce CMS preferred
- Graduate degree or equivalent experience
This is a full-time position; work hours may extend beyond the beyond the standard workday depending upon project demands. Travel required.
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Global Cities
Global Cities, Inc. a Program of Bloomberg Philanthropies, promotes skill that today’s youth will require for citizenship in tomorrow’s world. Global Scholars, an international digital exchange, is its signature program for children ages 10-13, operated in public school classrooms around the globe, helping students deepen their understanding of their own cultural and historical contexts and giving them intellectual tools to appreciate the opportunities and challenges faced by those living in other places.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply: Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com