Details: Depends on experience. Includes a great benefits package (full health/vision/dental insurance, 3 weeks vacation, community service time off, sabbaticals, and 401k plan with matched contributions up to 4% of salary).
1504 Bryant St
Position Purpose: Reporting to the Executive Director, the Director of Corporate Relations will be responsible for developing and maintaining new and existing corporate partnerships and overseeing HandsOn’s fundraising efforts. The Director of Corporate Relations will supervise a team of three Corporate Account Managers and a Development Associate. In addition, the Director of Corporate Relations will be part of the HandsOn Bay Area Management Team.
Corporate Sales and relationship building
- Secure corporate contracts, grants and sponsorships
- Identify, research and cultivate relationships with new corporate partners
- Act as a spokesperson for HandsOn for all inbound inquiries
- In conjunction with the Corporate Account Manager team, grow existing portfolio of corporate partners by promoting the full range of community service offerings from HandsOn
- Create a menu of existing sponsorship opportunities, and work with the Executive Director/Marketing Director to develop sales pitch and deck, plus any associated media
- Write proposals to prospective clients and corporate sponsors
- Write letters of agreement, memos of understanding and statements of work for corporate partners
- Maintain a database of sales opportunities and leads using Salesforce
- Work with Executive Director, Director of Finance, and Development Associate to determine annual revenue goals
- Supervise and support team of Corporate Account Managers
- Assign Corporate Account Managers to new accounts
- With support from the Corporate Account Managers, create an annual outreach schedule for all corporate partners
- Attend all kickoff meetings, debrief meetings, and high-level strategy meetings with corporate partners
- Work with Corporate Account Managers, Program team, and Events team to ensure all partners are receiving high quality services
- Troubleshoot any issues or questions that arise in the delivery of services to partners
- Work with the Finance Team to manage the accounts receivable process, including contract signing, invoice creation, and follow-up for payment
- Work with the Management Team to develop the necessary processes, systems and tools to ensure smooth workflow between departments
- Supervise and support the HandsOn Bay Area Development Associate
- Work with the Development Associate to strategize and develop annual campaign fundraising efforts
- Oversee grant-writing efforts and content
- Ensure that all grant reports and fundraising deliverables are being met
Responsibilities of all HandsOn Bay Area Staff:
- Embrace HandsOn Bay Area’s core values and mission
- Be ambassadors for HandsOn Bay Area in the community
- Support the fundraising efforts of the organization
- Act as leaders on HandsOn Bay Area corporate service projects as necessary
- Understanding of corporate philanthropy, sponsorship and sales
- Minimum 3 years experience with face-to-face solicitation and direct client contact.
- Experience with managing personnel
- Proven track record of taking part in or closing deals with corporate clients on behalf of nonprofit entities
- Professional demeanor in person and on the phone. Strong customer service skills.
- Experience with Salesforce is a plus
- Ability to provide positive supervision and mentoring for volunteers at the project site
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to lift up to 30 pounds
- Some evening and weekend commitments
- Open to and excited by the opportunity to inform our strategic thinking and planning
- Excellent time-management skills
- Highly organized with great attention to detail
- Self-starter. Able to work both independently and as part of a team
- Ability and flexibility to work in a fast-paced environment
- Handy with basic project budgeting
- Interest in nonprofit work and belief in the value of community service
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Email a cover letter and resume by June 3, 2018.
- Include the following email subject line: Director of Corporate Relations
- Address the following in your cover letter: 1. What makes a high-quality customer experience? 2. What are your salary requirements for this position?
Please convert any attachments to PDF files.