8328 Georgetown Pike
The Madeira School is one of the country's premier boarding/day schools for girls with a century of serving the needs of a wide variety of young women from around the country and the world. Located just outside of Washington, DC, on the banks of the Potomac River, in McLean, VA, Madeira enrolls 320 students in grades 9-12.
The Madeira School is seeking an Assistant Director of Parent Engagement and Giving. The successful candidate will engage and solicit the parents of the School and support the daily operations of the Madeira Fund.
- Recruit and train Madeira Fund Parents Committee volunteers on peer to peer solicitations; oversee both the Madeira Fund Parents Committee and the Parents’ Association Leadership Council
- Cultivate and solicit assigned prospects and volunteers
- Identify leadership gift and major gift prospects and work with Major Gift Officers to create comprehensive asks to include annual and capital giving
- Manage parent committees ensuring opportunities for parent involvement
- Facilitate collaboration and communication between parent committees and the School
- Create and implement communication strategy to inform, solicit, and steward parents; develop content for email, mail, and social media communications to engage parents; develop digital and direct mail solicitations that inspire giving across constituencies
- Create vision for events to engage parents in the school; collaborate with Special Events Coordinator to implement parent events; manage volunteers associated with events
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 2-5 years fundraising experience preferred; previous experience in a school or university development operation preferred
- Previous experience with fundraising software; Blackbaud’s Raisers Edge preferred; proficiency in basic data management systems and computer applications; willingness and ability to learn additional applications as needed
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; exceptional customer service and follow through; ability to be diplomatic and demonstrate mature judgement; personable and outgoing
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team with exceptional initiative
- Excellent organizational skills with ability to multi-task and prioritize work; attention to detail and demonstrated ability to follow through; ability to be diplomatic and demonstrate mature judgement; personable and outgoing
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential matters with appropriate discretion
- Willingness and ability to travel and to work flexible schedule, including occasional evenings and weekends
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.