Program Associate, Operations and Administration, International Student Support
1828 L Street Northwest
District of Columbia
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
Pay Band: 2 Assistant/Associate
About American Councils for International Education Mission
A leader in international education, academic exchange, and overseas language immersion, American Councils creates opportunities that prepare individuals and institutions to succeed in an increasingly interconnected world.
ACIE in the workplace
American Councils is an international nonprofit with a global workforce of over 450 professionals, with 37 offices and locations. In 2012 and 2013, American Councils was ranked one of the top 50 U.S. nonprofits to work for by the Nonprofit Times. Headquartered in downtown Washington, D.C., American Councils is at the epicenter of culture, politics, and knowledge.
Summary of Position:
The Program Associate (PA) is part of a small, Washington, D.C.-based team that places US State Department-funded high school exchange students with host families across the US and ensures their safety and soundness while on program. This position directly contributes to the department’s compliance with federal regulations, and provides administrative support for all students, host families, and local coordinators.
As an hourly position (with benefits), 35 hours per week is the expected norm. Some weekend and evening work will be required at certain points in the program cycle. Travel within the US will be required at times. This person will work with the entire International Student Support team, under the supervision of the Assistant Operations Manager.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Program Associate plays a crucial role on the team in the following areas and is expected to fulfill duties and responsibilities with a high degree of accuracy, efficiency, and timeliness, while maintaining open communication with the team and its constituents.
· Local Coordinator (LC) and Wellness Caller Recruitment: Recruit new applicants and maintain information on our corps of field consultants; process new LC applications and trainings.
· Subgrantee organization relationships: Monitor and provide assistance as needed with partner sub-grantee organizations, including administrative tasks.
· Finance: Monitor sub-grantee organizations’ spending and invoices, and assist with grant applications and student finances.
· Student Monitoring: Provide an independent check of exchange students placed by American Councils to ensure concerns are addressed with participants, families, and local coordinators. Manage on-program support cases for American Councils students and subgrantees as needed.
· Placement: Oversee capacity-building strategies throughout the year; manage student application intake, processing, and follow-up; draft informational profiles and emails about students during placement season; keep website up-to-date with student information as it is received.
· Website and Database: Manage website access and document maintenance; assist with new initiatives for the Inbound Student Support website; and assist with the administration of department CRM database (Salesforce).
· Special Projects: Organize and assist in various initiatives throughout the year, including event management and logistics.
· Other duties and job responsibilities, as assigned.
BS/BA in a related field (international affairs, political science, foreign language, communications, marketing, etc.);
Prior work experience in any or all of the following is required:
- A clerical and deadline-oriented work environment
- Marketing or sales including basic graphic design to create marketing materials
- Customer service support via phone & email
· Proficiency in advanced functions of Microsoft Word, Excel, Adobe, and web browsers;
· Effective interpersonal and customer service skills;
· Flexibility and ability to “go with the flow” during times of high pressure;
· Demonstrated organizational ability and attention to detail;
· Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities;
· A keen eye for streamlining processes or improving efficiency of a basic process is strongly preferred;
· Experience with Salesforce, Drupal, and/or Mail Chimp is highly preferred;
· Experience living or working abroad is preferred, especially experience living with a host family.
Employment is contingent on a successful background screening.
Applications received by 10/03/18 will be prioritized
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY – American Councils is committed to taking affirmative steps to enhance employment opportunities for minorities, women, veterans, and people with disabilities, and strives to ensure that meaningful employment and promotional opportunities are maintained for everyone. American Councils’ commitment to equal employment opportunity is based not only on federal requirements, but also on a longstanding commitment to maintaining a diverse workforce reflective of the communities in which we operate.
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Select this link and follow the prompts: https://www.paycomonline.net/v4/ats/web.php/jobs/ViewJobDetails?job=13312&clientkey=58AA089E0E2C786B7FE4217373F3BCBD