Center Square East
1500 Market St
Health Promotion Council is in need of a part-time Program Assistant to support and work with the Advocacy Institute Program Manager. The Advocacy Institute (AI) is a twelve-week youth empowerment and training program operated out of Health Promotion Council that works as an engine for both individual and community empowerment. Youth are empowered to identify issues in their community in need of change and are taught a variety of public health advocacy skills, such as policy-development, media advocacy, and community mapping to address them. Before graduation, teens acquire the experiences, skills and values needed to complete an “action project.” This project utilizes their new-found confidence and knowledge, and the support of the AI community, to create sustainable change in their community. As graduates, our youth become members of the Advocacy Institute Alumni Network which provides ongoing training and support to continue their youth-led advocacy work.
The Advocacy Institute Program Assistant will work in conjunction with the Advocacy Institute Program Manager to create programmatic infrastructure that supports the organization and expansion of the Advocacy Institute program. This includes developing and maintaining protocols and procedures; specifying team roles and responsibilities, and build capacity around staffing and programming in order to provide resources, organize events and help carry out all AI special projects and administrative and logistical tasks.
- Support Alumni Network Coordinator by maintaining clear communication between Alumni, program participants, and Coordinator; supporting fiscal management by keeping receipts and assisting with monthly budget report preparations; handling various logistical duties including arranging alumni meetings, coordinating schedules, confirming rooms and catering have been booked.
- Maintain and oversee organizational program systems and procedures while working to develop more efficient processes.
- Coordinate logistical support for the planning of all AI special projects including special events, trips, and trainings, etc.; determine and secure event locations; confirm travel arrangements when necessary.
- Manage and oversee all social media and communications to clearly articulate efforts and goals of AI program and Alumni Network
- Other duties as assigned
- Expert knowledge of PowerPoint, and other potential multi-media platforms for developing and conducting online presentations.
- Expert knowledge of formatting appearance and function of Excel spreadsheets.
- Expert knowledge of various social media platforms and tools
- Excellent technical/computer skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent writing skills
- At least 1 year of experience working with youth
- Passion for Youth-led and project-oriented work.
- Bachelor's degree in Public Health, Communications and/or related field.
- Commensurate with education and experience
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required