200 Inner Belt Road
Senior Analyst - Grants and Contracts at OpenBiome
OpenBiome is a nonprofit stool bank, expanding clinical access to fecal transplants and catalyzing research on the human microbiome. Fecal microbiota transplantation (FMT) is a promising new therapy for C. difficile, the most common hospital-acquired infection in the country. OpenBiome provides microbiota preparations to clinicians performing FMT, and supports clinical trials and basic research investigating new applications of microbiome-based therapies.
Five years ago, OpenBiome started the first public stool banking service, and we have grown to redefine the standard of care for this emerging field. Today, we support FMT programs at over 1000 medical centers across all 50 states and 7 countries, and have delivered over 30,000 treatments for recurrent C. difficile patients. We have also developed a new oral formulation for delivering FMT, published dozens of scholarly works and have supported over 30 clinical studies to identify new applications for FMT. As the leader in this exciting new field, OpenBiome is uniquely positioned to continue to expand access to care and discover new applications for microbial interventions. We are searching for passionate teammates eager to support this mission.
OpenBiome currently supports more than 30 enrolling clinical trials, 10+ restricted grants for smaller studies, several large foundation grants, and 3 federal contracts. The Sr. Analyst – Grants & Contracts will join our finance team and serve as the primary point of contact for financial and contract matters on our portfolio of research studies. He/She will work with the clinical research team and the finance team to review and track sponsored projects. This position’s primary responsibility will be to document and coordinate timelines, reports due, and track expenses and personnel time to enable accurate post-award management. There is a significant emphasis on budgeting, financial, and accounting activity, and financial and operational monitoring in this position. A secondary responsibility will be to review the terms and details of offered grants and contracts to ensure compliance, and to flag any areas of concern.
The ideal candidate is self-motivated, has strong computer skills, excellent interpersonal skills, ability to be flexible and work independently. He or she will be willing to suggest changes or create templates where he/she thinks necessary. He or she should be mission-driven and detail-oriented with the ability to multitask and manage deadlines.
Position Responsibilities / Duties:
Sponsored Projects Management (Grants and Contracts)
- Assists with the development of budgets, budget justifications, and related proposal requirements.
- Reviews terms and conditions of sponsored research agreements including timelines, budgets, progress reports, etc.
- Coordinates expense tracking and allocations, personnel allocations, progress reporting, invoicing no-cost extensions, and close out requirements.
- Helps ensure project compliance with federal and organizational policies and procedures.
- At least 5 years experience managing grants and/or contracts, pre- and post-award
- In-depth knowledge of allowable and allocable expenses, and other federal rules and best practices for grants and contracts management
- Ability to review contracts and think critically about organizational and financial implications
- Familiarity with best practices for budget development and tracking
- Experience with advanced financial analysis in Excel
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field (or significant demonstrated experience)
- Prior experience with contract review or a related field
- Familiarity with MIP accounting software and/or Quickbooks is preferred
- Grants management experience in a research environment strongly preferred
- Nonprofit accounting experience is preferred
OpenBiome is an Equal Opportunity Employer All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status.
This is a full time, exempt position with comprehensive benefits package.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, please go to www.openbiome.org/jobs and submit your Cover Letter and Resume.