1147 W Jackson Blvd
POSITION TITLE: Front Desk Associate: Evenings/Weekends
DEPARTMENT: Artist Training
DIRECT SUPERVISOR: Interim Studio Manager
At Hubbard Street Dance Chicago, we bring artists, art and audiences together to enrich, engage, and change lives through the experience of dance.
We are seeking a dynamic, proactive, mission-driven individual to join Hubbard Street’s Artist Training Department in the Lou Conte Dance Studio. This position provides an excellent customer service experience to clients and students who enter our facility. The Front Desk Associate supports the Interim Studio Manager and the in all aspects of front desk operations and work-study management, and interfaces with the day-time Front Desk Associate, as detailed below.
This is a salaried, 30-hour evening and weekend position with full benefits. For the right candidate, this could be a full-time position.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Provide smooth check in and check out for all clients. Explain our many offerings; be familiar and able to direct interested clients to the right contact.
· Create class sheets and schedules for studios as needed.
· Assist with class card and retail purchases.
· Direct phone calls for entire organization.
· Direct in-coming and out-going mail and packages.
· Assist Interim Studio Manager in securing substitute teachers, coordinating rental needs and payments.
· On weekends, main point person for facilities emergencies and rentals.
· Assisting with monthly schedule creation for work-study students.
· Open and close the building on weekends; close the building on weeknights: follow assigned procedures for alarm, door, lights, thermostats, etc.
· Walk-through at beginning and end of shift to check overall building status. Promptly report issues to Custodian or Facilities & Operations Manager.
· Operate ADA passenger lift for clients who require assistance.
· Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
· Hubbard Street gives preference to candidates who have demonstrable experience advocating for equality, diversity and inclusion.
· Administrative and customer service experience essential; this is a front-line position for handling the needs of clients, students and staff.
· Superior relationship building and interpersonal skills that allow the individual to function in a variety of settings among widely different groups of people.
· The ability to work productively and graciously under strict time constraints, and be a generative problem-solver.
· Proficient with standard computer programs such as Microsoft Word and Excel. Experience with registration systems a plus.
· Ability to work evening and weekend hours.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
TO APPLY: Please send a cover letter and resume (.pdfs only) detailing your interest and qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include FRONT DESK ASSOCIATE in the subject line of your email. No phone calls, please.