Part-time canvassers will help support voter outreach in Aurora. Canvassers will be responsible for working within diverse communities to inform voters about this year’s election.
This position is an hourly, part-time 20 hours /week, temporary contract position starting at $15/hour from Mid August until November 6th , 2018.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform targeted door-to-door canvassing in assigned, pre-selected communities, in
- coordination with a network of organizational regional partners.
- Enthusiastically engaging diverse communities, and remaining positive, assertive, and
- Participate in trainings and staff meetings, as assigned.
- Document information regarding all required metrics and canvass results including
- information such as: the number of homes canvassed, number of contacts made, number
- of consumer stories recorded, and the amount and type of information requested by
- consumers during a canvass shift.
- Document any challenges or obstacles encountered in the field, and be prepared to offer
- solutions and workarounds to overcome them.
- Other duties, as assigned.
Desired Experience & Skills
- Must have access to reliable transportation.
- Strong commitment to civic engagement and empowerment of underrepresented
- Strong collaboration skills, and a desire to work as part of a team and respond to the
- needs of the team.
- Experience working with diverse communities, in particular, communities of color and
- low-income communities.
- Ability to work independently with broad guidance, and a self-starter.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to stay on task and problem solve.
- Enjoys meeting and interacting with new people.
This position is an hourly, full-time 40 hours /week, temporary contract position starting at $15/hour from Mid August until November 6th, 2018.
Level of Language Proficiency
- Bilingual/Multilingual Preferred (Mandarin, Cantonese, Korean, Vietnamese, Hindi,
- Tagalog, Amharic, Arabic, or Spanish)
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
All applications must be submitted by 5PM July 27th, 2018. Late applications will not be considered. For questions or more information about CIRC please visit: www.coloradoimmigrant.org