Director of Development & Special Initiatives
- Job posted by Sickle Cell Disease Association of America, Inc.
Details: Commensurate with experience
Creates and implements the strategic plan for the organization’s contributed income including events, major gifts, planned giving, corporate initiatives, direct- marketing, foundations relations and organization annual convention.
- Develop and manage national special initiatives related to Awareness, Advocacy and Fund Development.
- Supervises Development & Logistics Coordinator.
- Identifies, cultivates, solicits and secures major gifts from individuals, foundations, corporations and organizations
- Creates and implements an overall planned giving programs which focuses on strategies and techniques for deferred gifts.
- Develops and coordinates efforts in the identification and solicitation of grant funding for capacity building and organizational development.
- Oversee the proper implementation of the acknowledgment process, ensuring timely, accurate and mission-appropriate acknowledgments.
- Develop and maintain on-going contact with local/ national corporate partners; present fundraising alternatives and steward relationships.
- Develop new relationships with prospective sponsors and donors.
- Collaborate with the Corporate Advisory Council (CAC) activities and working potentially with groups such as the National Leadership Council to cultivate relationships.
- Works closely with National Staff to coordinate national fundraising events and/or programs and responsible for its ongoing management.
- Collaborate with the National Office Finance & Accounting Department in the development and management of web based donations program.
- Perform other duties as assigned by President and Vice President, Operations.
- Work as the staff liaison to the Fundraising Committee of the National Board of Directors.
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS
- At least a BA Degree from an accredited four-year college or university with a degree in Business Administration, Public Administration or a related field.
- Ideal candidate must have successful experience in fund development; grant writing and related areas in non-profit or similar organization.
- Must have a minimum of 3 years of experience and demonstrated success with managing major fund raising campaigns and events.
- Other requirements include exceptional interpersonal and communication skills with a proven track record in wealth- building.
- At least 3 years management skills, strategic and analytical experience coupled with knowledge and respect for organizational protocol, and excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to make presentations to groups.
- A working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Microsoft Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel software is needed.
- Drive continuous improvement of processes, systems, tools and staff.
- Perform as administrative liaison with others within and outside the organization regarding projects and tasks related to operations.
- Initiate new strategies to improve existing events and projects; provide input to staff, committees and President to improve administration.
- Work as the staff liaison to both Budget & Personnel and Program Committee of the Board.
- Manage and coordinate the organization’s annual activities calendar, all internal meetings, staff travel and logistics.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The following insurance benefits at no cost to the successful candidate will be offered:
- Paid Health
- Paid Dental
- Paid Vision
- Paid Life
- Paid Short Term Disability
- 403 B Retirement Plan offered
- Accrued vacation, sick and personal leave offered
Minimum Education Required