370 Lexington Ave
Since 1993, Seeds of Peace has inspired and cultivated new generations of global leaders in communities divided by conflict. We equip them with the skills and relationships they need to accelerate social, economic, and political changes essential to peace.
Seeds of Peace’s approach focuses on three types of change: personal and interpersonal transformation, and wider societal change. Our leadership development model begins with a transformational camp session in Maine for exceptional young people and educators living in conflict. The program shifts attitudes and perceptions and builds respect and empathy.
Our approach continues through year-round local programs that strengthen relationships and leadership capacities. We then accelerate the impact of our alumni who are challenging the policies and practices that perpetuate conflict. Our network now includes over 6,300 alumni throughout the Middle East, South Asia, Europe, and the United States who are uniquely positioned to lead change.
The Development Associate will manage all day-to-day activities related to our Raiser’s Edge database. This person will have the primary responsibility for overall data entry and data integrity. The position is full-time and reports to the Senior Database Manager.
- Gift entry through batch in Raiser’s Edge which includes entering cash gifts, pledges, matching gift pledges, in-kind gifts, stock gifts and involves soft credits, solicitor crediting, linking to event participant records, etc.
- Processes on-line gifts and other information from on-line interactions into Raiser’s Edge
- Runs daily gift reports for use by the management team
- Prepares and sends donor acknowledgement letters regularly, carefully editing letters when necessary
- Prepares and sends tribute (honor and memorial) cards in a timely manner
- Fills out matching gift forms, sends invoices and completes other necessary paperwork related to the organization’s fundraising efforts
- Interacts regularly with the Finance Department to ensure accurate coding of gifts
- Reviews and processes returned mail and updates addresses as necessary
- Updates unsubscribed and bounced emails after eblasts are sent
- Keeps eblast tracking sheet up-to-date
- Responsible for overall database maintenance and cleaning which includes but is not limited to entering new records, merging and correcting existing records and adjusting gifts
- Proactively makes changes in the database that will improve data integrity and ensure that data is as robust as possible
- Communicates directly with donors when necessary to confirm information, fix mistakes and respond to donor requests
- Cultivates and stewards donor relationships through handling of donor requests in a professional, reliable and timely manner, ensuring that donors’ needs are met
- Coordinates mailings to major donors, as an adjunct to broad-based donor mailings
- Manages additional mailings as needed for the Development department
- Manages inventory of mailing and stewardship materials for the Development department and re-orders materials when necessary
- Prepares check requests for expenses related to the Development department
- Provides fundraising and logistical support for key events during the year, including the annual Spring Benefit
- Works on other projects to support the Development department as necessary
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree
- Experience managing data on Raiser’s Edge including constituent entry and batch entry of gifts; ability to run queries, reports and exports in Raiser’s Edge a plus
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills. Should be proficient in Excel including sorting and formatting; experience with mail merge in Word a plus
- Highly organized and demonstrates outstanding attention to detail
- Ability to organize and prioritize work
- Ability to think critically and be proactive, flexible and resourceful
- Is able to interact with donors and all levels of personnel with a high level of professionalism and hospitality
Salary is commensurate with experience and skills.
Seeds of Peace is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Minimum Education Required