255 S. Martion
The Director of Member Engagement and Services oversees all areas of the member engagement department. Responsible for growing our Y’s membership through high performance in membership sales, membership service, strong member retention, and supervision of Membership staff. The Director of Member Engagement and Services will strive to provide best in class member experiences in accordance with our Y’s mission, strategic plan, operational goals and all policies and procedures.
1. Ensure your department’s financial benchmarks +/- 3% of budget to actual by, effectively managing day to day operations, driving revenue, and monitoring departmental expenses
2. Enable proactive, clear, effective and timely internal communications in order to ensure a positive and consistent member experience.
3. Identify, collect and interpret data so that it enables informed decision making and ensures the achievement of key performance indicators.
4. Creates, implements and ensures membership strategies to promote recruitment of new members and retention of existing members. Expands membership through high quality member engagement and sales initiatives with a focus on community needs in accordance with strategic and operating plans.
5. Directs membership team to achieve annual goals. Identifies and works with leadership to identify opportunities to enhance the member experience.
6. Develops membership staff profiles and skill requirements, including customer service and computer skills. Identifies gaps and helps coordinate training to ensure that membership team meets set requirements. Recruits, hires, trains, manages, develops, coaches, schedules and directs employees and volunteers as needed.
7. Reviews and evaluates employee performance. Develops strategies to motivate employees and achieve goals. Directs overall ongoing staff assessment to ensure that staff are operationally effective and disciplined.
8. Works with leadership team to coordinate program registration and works with program directors to maximize membership conversion sales within program areas. Provides ongoing support to program directors to help with related issues.
9. Develops, plans and implements procedures and methods to achieve department goals.
10. Works closely with the Marketing Department to develop and execute all marketing strategies and informational materials related to the Membership Department.
11. Provides guidance to ensure member recruitment in applicable opportunities, and implements marketing efforts successfully, including community events, direct mail, newspaper ads, and other marketing channels.
12. Plays assigned roles in developing and nurturing new and existing partnerships and collaborations.
13. Responds to all agency, member and community inquiries and complaints in a timely manner.
14. Assures compliance with YMCA program standards and maintains proper records/department files.
15. Develops and maintains collaborative relationships with community organizations, businesses, workplaces and other organizations and agencies related to membership.
16. Remains well versed in Y-programs, policies and emergency procedures.
17. Oversees financial assistance process.
18. Active member of the Leadership Team and performs any other duties as designated by the CEO.
YMCA LEADERSHIP COMPETENCIES (Team Leader)
Values: Demonstrates in word and action the Y’s core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility and a commitment to the Y’s mission, in all matters at all times.
Quality Results: Demonstrates and fosters a strong commitment to achieving goals in a manner that provides quality experiences.
Functional Expertise: Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment.
Relationships: Builds authentic relationships in the service of enhancing individual and team performance to support the Y’s work.
Developing Others: Recognizes and acts on the need to continually develop others’ capabilities to attain the highest level of performance possible.
1. Bachelor's degree in related field preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience
2. At least two years staff supervision is required
3. Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
4. Skilled in and passionate about excellent customer service and creating an environment that is welcoming to all.
5. Familiar with the local community and target market
6. Ability to present concise and clear information to a diverse group of internal/external stakeholders and audiences.
7. Must demonstrate initiative, strong leadership skills
8. Must possess and maintain within the indicated timeframe:
a. CPR/AED and First Aid training within 30 days of start date.
b. Orientation, Child Abuse Prevention and Bloodborne Pathogens training within 60 days of start date.
1. Able and willing to work in excess of 40 hours a week, including evenings and weekends, as needed.
2. Able to walk, stand, and sit alertly for extended periods of time.
3. Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
4. Position may require bending, leaning, kneeling, and walking.
5. Exposure to communicable diseases and bodily fluids.
Minimum Education Required