Details: Salary commensurate with experience, comprehensive benefits package, including health and dental insurance, and a generous vacation and holiday schedule are included.
1707 L Street Northwest
District of Columbia
The National Council of Jewish Women (NCJW) is a grassroots organization of volunteers and advocates who turn progressive ideals into action. Inspired by Jewish values, NCJW strives for social justice by improving the quality of life for women, children, and families and by safeguarding individual rights and freedoms.
Title: Manager of Human Resources and Operations
Reports to: Sr. Director of Planning & Administration
Category: Professional/Non Union, Full-Time; FLSA Exempt
Under the supervision of the Sr. Director of Planning & Administration, the Manager of Human Resources and Operations will manage and contribute to all aspects of Human Resources including recruitment, employee relations, regulatory compliance, talent management and performance management, employee engagement, benefits and compensation, training and development. Recruiting and onboarding of new staff will be of particular importance. Work with the Sr. Director of Planning & Administration to develop strategies so that HR’s work and goals support the NCJW’s mission and strategic planning goals.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
· Policy Development - Develops, recommends and implements personnel policies and procedures; conducts required research regarding trends and best practices with regard to organizational policies; prepares and maintains Employee Handbook.
· Benefits Administration - Handles benefits administration to include claims resolution, change reporting, approving invoices for payment, annual re-evaluation of policies for cost-effectiveness, and policy renewals. Work with outside vendors who provide benefit programs and administration. Manage and administer, follow up, and manage statutory benefits as required.
· Compensation – Coordinates annual salary increases; conducts required research on compensation levels, practices, trends, etc. with comparative organizations.
· Compliance - Maintains in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, ensures regulatory and company policies and procedures are compliant with local, state and federal employment laws and maintains all HR records.
· Recruiting – Works with hiring managers to define/update job descriptions, develops a network of recruitment sources, posts jobs, screens candidates, drives the recruiting process, extends offers to candidates and prepares offer letters; coordinates and implements on-boarding program.
· Training and Performance Management – oversees Performance Evaluation process, ensures timeliness of completion of evaluations and conducts required follow up based on potential and/or identified performance issues. Identifies training and professional development opportunities and executes programs.
· Employee Relations - While acting as a resource for employees of NCJW, represents management interests in problem-solving and recommendations; conducts Exit Interviews, identifying themes/trends to be used to effect change within NCJW. Manages off-boarding process.
· Payroll - Manages outsourced providers for payroll system and payroll processing; partner with accounting department on related items; manage HRIS and time and attendance tools.
· Strategic Planning – work with Sr. Director of Planning & Admin. to ensure fulfillment of strategic goals; provide support and assistance of strategic planning process.
· Operations – provides back-up to Office Manager as needed.
· And perform other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s degree with emphasis on HR; SPHR, SHRM, or PHR preferred.
- 3- 5 years of increasing responsibilities in generalist human resources operations; non-profit experience is a strong plus with familiarity of the mission of NCJW.
· Ability to maintain confidentiality, discretion and a professional demeanor while supporting the culture of NCJW.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with demonstrated ability to cultivate outstanding working relationships with colleagues, volunteer leaders and a diverse range of people.
- Proactive and able to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Resourceful and efficient with excellent time management skills and the ability to respond to requests quickly and effectively.
· Exercises good judgment, creative problem solving skills and good decision making ability. Ability to demonstrate sound judgment on all people related issues in an objective manner without allowing personal opinions or viewpoints to sway opinions or recommendations.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send resume and cover letter, along with expected base compensation, to email@example.com