Senior Manager, Communications and External Relations
- Job posted by The Fund for Public Health in New York City, Inc.
The Fund for Public Health in New York City, (FPHNYC) is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization that is dedicated to the advancement of the health and well-being of all New Yorkers. To this end, in partnership with the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (DOHMH), FPHNYC incubates innovative public health initiatives implemented by DOHMH to advance community health throughout the city. It facilitates partnerships, often new and unconventional, between government and the private sector to develop, test, and launch new initiatives. These collaborations speed the execution of demonstration projects, effect expansion of successful pilot programs, and support rapid implementation to meet the public health needs of individuals, families, and communities across New York City.
The Primary Care Information Project (PCIP), a bureau within the NYC Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (DOHMH), is devoted to improving population health by supporting and promoting primary care for all New Yorkers. PCIP also operates the New York City Regional Electronic Adoption Center for Health (NYC REACH) by assisting providers in New York City through practice transformation, quality improvement initiatives and other support services, such as Meaningful Use support, revenue cycle management, and data security. To find out more about this ground-breaking project visit us at www.nyc.gov/pcip or www.nycreach.org.
If you’re looking for exciting work that is at the forefront of clinician engagement and education, moving the needle on patient outcomes, addressing health equity, and shaping the future of healthcare delivery, then partner with one of the most innovative health departments nationally. Bring your initiative, critical thinking skills and ability to process information quickly to this highly impactful and public facing position.
PCIP is seeking a Senior Manager, Communications and External Relations to lead and manage the Communications and External Relations team, which specializes in creating and disseminating content, creating and hosting events and trainings, and outreach to clinicians for quality improvement and value-based care programs.
The Senior Manager, Communications and External Relations will be responsible for developing strategic communications, outreach, and engagement plans to meet programmatic goals as well as directly managing communications activities that promote and enhance PCIP’s mission and brand. This individual will need to exercise strong project management skills to create and manage processes and workflows within the team and with external teams and stakeholders. This position reports to the Director of Program Operations.
· External Communications, Clinician Engagement, and Events Management:
- Create an integrated strategic communications, events, and outreach plan to advance program objectives
o Create enrollment strategies for new program initiatives, including identifying eligible clinicians, developing outreach approaches, and implementing enrollment plans through site visits, mass marketing, and events
- Identify opportunities for developing and hosting events and trainings for the clinical community; maintain calendar of events; and ensure training curriculum aligns with program goals and overall organizational branding
o Work across teams to create and expand communication and materials for new and existing programs
o Oversee program communications including newsletters, websites, mass communications, events & seminars, and clinician-facing materials; ensure accuracy of all content
· Team Management & Development:
o Supervise three direct reports and a team of six individuals who are responsible for communications, clinician recruitment, and event management activities
o Develop and implement staff professional development activities
o Coach each team member to ensure development towards organizational and professional goals
· Project/Program Management:
o Develop, implement, and manage workflow processes to ensure coordination and integration of team members’ activities, other PCIP teams, and external stakeholders
o Proactively identify and manage issues/risks
o Identify strategies and develop metrics and processes to monitor and track progress of projects, establishing clear deliverables and project timelines
o Coordinate activities with all stakeholders to meet deliverables
o Perform other administrative duties as needed
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Public Relations or related field and/or Master’s degree in public health or public administration, or other healthcare related field
- Preferred 3+ years professional experience in communications, marketing, external affairs, public affairs or other relevant experience in private, non-profit, or government sector
- Excellent writing, editing and proof-reading skills
- Experience developing healthcare content and clinician engagement
- Exceptional organizational skills, including the ability to work under pressure in a dynamic environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to take initiative and work effectively and adaptively in a highly collaborative, interdependent team environment
- Excellent project management, customer service and relationship management skills
- Strong computer skills, with proficiency using Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project and CRM experience
There is potential for this position to transition to DOHMH and therefore candidates must meet DOHMH eligibility requirement including NYC residency.
FPHNYC offers a comprehensive benefits package. The salary range for this position is commensurate with experience.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, send Resume, with Cover Letter, including how your experience relates to this position, to email@example.com indicating “Senior Manager, Communications and External Relations_your name” in subject line.
The Fund for Public Health in New York City is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages a diverse pool of candidates to apply.