114 W. Montgomery Ave
Position Description: Interfaith Works is seeking a high-energy, organized person to serve as a Community Engagement and Volunteer Coordinator. S/he will serve as the liaison between IW’s Development Office and the IW Clothing Center (IWCC), The Community Engagement and Volunteer Coordinator will support the vision, strategy and management of all volunteer engagement initiatives at IW. S/he will support the IW satellite site volunteer coordinators and provide leadership and direction to the IW volunteer program. This position will be responsible for supporting coordination, recruitment and training of volunteer groups, relationship maintenance and volunteer program responsibilities at the Interfaith Works Clothing Center (IWCC). Some evening and weekend hours are required.
Development Community Outreach (25%):
· Manage volunteer application processes, connecting volunteers with opportunities across the agency.
• Raise awareness about the organization and develop of partnerships with individuals, faith communities, and organizations that align with IW’s mission and vision.
• Support the implementation and oversight of a new volunteer data management system.
• Work in conjunction with the development team to
o Connect volunteers with the development team to build and cultivate relationships. .
o Collaborate with communications team regarding media content related to the volunteer program.
o Cultivate Donors
o Represent IW at Community Events
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Interfaith Works Clothing Center (75%):
• Ensure overall volunteer experience is positive, ensure each volunteer completes all necessary paperwork and waivers, ensure all volunteer information is entered into database and kept current.
• Develop and oversee volunteer activities at the IWCC, including training, orientation, record keeping, database management, and recognition of volunteers.
• Cultivate relationships with corporate, university, and community partners, to increase volunteer recruitment.
• Provide engaged presence and personal leadership to the volunteer activities at the IWCC.
• Plan, develop, and implement volunteer services and activities at the IWCC.
• Maintain prompt correspondence with potential and past volunteers to answer questions and continue relationship between volunteer and Interfaith Works.
• Coordinate and lead tours of the IWCC space for potential donors and volunteers.
• Identify needs and fulfill volunteer support for SSL and court ordered volunteers, individuals with disabilities and Jewish Social Service Agency (JSSA ) interns.
• Coordinate annual IWCC drives, including the winter coat drive, and school supplies drive.
• Work in conjunction with IW staff in the development of a formal volunteer orientation, volunteer program policies and procedures, and evaluation of programs and services delivered by volunteers.
• Work in conjunction with the IW site volunteer coordinators to plan and implement formal and informal volunteer recognition activities to acknowledge the contribution of volunteers.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• 1 – 3 years of experience in volunteer programming or program management.
• Bachelor’s degree of equivalent work experience preferred.
• Detail oriented, excellent time management, program management and organizational skills.
• Building and motivating effective teams of diverse people.
• Ability to work with a diverse pool of volunteers, service partners and cultural and professional styles.
• Excellent written and verbal skills, and confidence in public speaking.
• Skilled use of MS Office Software Suite.
• Energetic, optimistic, and customer-centered personality.
• Bilingual proficiency is a plus.
• Strong work ethic with the ability to multi-task
• Flexible work schedule allowing for evening and weekend hours.
Medical, dental and vision, life insurance, retirement, vacation and sick leave.
Level of Language Proficiency
Bilingual proficiency a plus.
Minimum Education Required