Details: $15-$17/hour depending on experience
10011 Southeast Division Street
Ecumenical Ministries of Oregon’s(EMO) Metro HomeShare has the following open position. For more information about EMO please visit our website www.emoregon.org.
Metro HomeShare Program Assistant (part-time)
PURPOSE OF POSITION: Metro HomeShare (MHS) is a program of the Ecumenical Ministries of Oregon that brings together people who need housing with those who have available space in a way that benefits both. The program contributes to safe and affording housing in our community, fosters financial stability and independence, and creates community. MHS provides comprehensive screening of clients, informative client orientations, computer-based matching database, and supportive case management. The Program Assistant leads daily client services and interaction of the program. Perform daily activities including all client and interagency interaction. Work with clients, other programs, agencies and community leaders in facilitating homeshare arrangements for clients. Improve, develop and implement policies and procedures with direction and assistance from the Program Manager. Serve as the main office administrator.
ACCOUNTABILITY: To the mission and goals of Ecumenical Ministries of Oregon (EMO) as directed by the Board of Directors and Executive Director of Ecumenical Ministries of Oregon.
REPORTS TO: Metro HomeShare Program Manager.
DIRECT REPORTS: None.
The Program Assistant is responsible for the majority of client interaction including but not limited to: receiving phone calls, processing applications, screening applicants, completing client intakes, collaborating with mediation teams and other community agencies who call regarding their referrals. Additionally, the Program Assistant will support the program through various administrative duties related to managing the office. The Program Assistant will have support from the Program Manager and volunteers.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Direct and indirect client services (e.g., respond to requests for information, provide referrals, conduct client interviews, respond to requests for matches, maintain client files accurately and perform criminal background checks).
- Maintain the client database, secure and organize all program files.
- Contribute to the improvement of the MHS by working with the Program Manager.
- Maintain program forms, equipment and supplies.
- Other tasks as required for continuous improvement of the MHS.
- Ability to work within the mission, vision and ethics of EMO, and maintain an understanding of the services provided by the programs and projects of EMO.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Highly administrative and organized.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills.
- Highly proficient with MS Office suite of programs on a PC platform.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Access programs is a must.
- Handles multiple simultaneous tasks in a fast-paced environment with grace and good humor.
- High tolerance for ambiguity and change.
- Able to work independently while maintaining a close relationship with supervisor and co-workers.
WORK HOURS: 20 hours per. Occasional work on evenings and on weekends will be required.
SALARY: $15-$17/hour depending on experience.
BENEFITS: All regular employees (does not include on-call or temporary) are eligible for vacation, holidays, sick leave, credit union, employee assistance program and employee trainings. Employees in exempt positions that are at least 0.50 FTE or non-exempt positions that are 20 hours per week or more also receive medical insurance, dental insurance, disability insurance and life insurance, per eligibility requirements.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
APPLICATION PROCESS: To apply, send a cover letter and resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to EMO, 0245 SW Bancroft St., Suite B, Portland, OR 97239. Position open until filled.