Alteristic seeks a dynamic and charismatic public speaker with demonstrated leadership skills to join our training team. We are a high-growth, mission-driven organization dedicated to the dramatic reduction of power-based personal violence. The Senior Trainer will provide consultation, training, and curriculum development on research-informed, data driven prevention strategies for universities, military installations, state coalitions, K-12 school personnel, and community agencies. The ideal candidate will have exemplary interpersonal and public speaking skills, initiative, and will be highly collaborative. This job requires 50% travel. This position may have the option to work remotely from anywhere in the US, depending on individual job responsibilities.
We offer a competitive salary commensurate with education and experience, and our benefits package includes health, dental and vision insurance, life insurance, generous leave, and retirement.
- Lead in training and adaptation of content for diverse populations.
- Provide training and technical assistance in the domains of power-based personal violence prevention (sexual assault, intimate partner violence, stalking, bullying, child abuse, and elder abuse) and effective community mobilization including but not limited to the Green Dot Violence Prevention strategy.
- Under the supervision of the Vice President, Programs, serve as a point of contact for technical assistance related to prevention strategies. This includes providing telephone and web-based consultation regarding effective prevention and supporting clients through the process of implementing the Green Dot strategy.
- Contribute as a team member to prevention program curriculum development for diverse populations (k-12, college, military, neighborhoods, communities of color); media development; online presence; innovative community mobilization strategies, etc.
- Master new and existing training programs and stay abreast of key developments in the field.
- Collaborate with the Director of Communications to ensure that all training materials are accurate and conducive to the needs of training participants and are reflective of new developments in the field.
- Other duties as assigned
- Master’s degree required
- Must have some degree of experience with power-based personal violence prevention in the area of intimate partner violence, sexual assault, stalking, child abuse, elder abuse, and/or bullying
- Must be a dynamic and persuasive trainer
- Must be an excellent communicator
- Must be self-directed
- Must complete an application for employment;
- Must submit to background checks (including but not limited to a Child Abuse and Neglect (CAN) registry check, criminal background check and Department of Motor Vehicles Check), and the results of the checks must yield no findings that would be inconsistent with the mission of Alteristic.
- Experience with program and content development preferred
- Experience working with diverse populations and proficiency in languages other than English is preferred
- Experience and/or training in adult education is highly desirable
- We are seeking to fill multiple trainer positions. For one of the positions, candidate must have 3-5 years’ experience working in a college or university setting and will ideally have some supervisory experience.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Interested candidates should submit a resume, letter of interest, a writing sample (for example, academic writing, curricular writing or similar) and a 5-minute video demonstrating candidate’s public speaking style (does not need to be specific to this topic) to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please put "Senior Trainer" in email subject line. Apply as soon as possible as resumes/tapes are evaluated and interviews scheduled as applications are received.