1 Bailey Avenue
P.O. Box 67
BASIC JOB FUNCTION:
This position is accountable for the strategic development, execution and management of employee recruitment, acquisition and retention to build diverse high-quality teams. As a member of the Business Development team this role will represent the VSECU brand and culture, supporting all areas of operation, to help drive employee engagement and performance.
- Develop and execute a recruiting strategy while effectively utilizing existing and future identified processes, systems and tools.
- Create meaningful relationships with hiring managers and conduct in-depth intake meetings with operational leaders to ensure alignment on hiring positions.
- Proactively source passive candidates and introduce new, creative ideas for sourcing talent.
- Post and amplify job openings in appropriate channels including traditional media, social media, job boards, industry networks, college forums, career fairs, employee networks, and intern programs.
- Effectively build and engage talent communities through social media outlets including Facebook, Linkedin, Glassdoor, Twitter, Instagram and Youtube.
- Actively network with centers of influence and community leaders to promote VSECU as a viable workforce opportunity.
- Manage primary database, process and tools to support the Predictive Index Behavioral Assessment in alignment with workplace performance.
- Provide qualified candidate leads for hiring managers.
- Coach hiring managers on interview best practices.
- Partner with Human Resources through the recruiting process to ensure that appropriate local and federal hiring laws and regulations are followed.
- Stay up to date on the market and supply for talent within various job functions.
- Develop a deep understanding of the VSECU brand and culture and represent it accordingly with potential candidates and existing staff.
- Conduct and use survey data to create quantitative analysis for skill assessments, behavioral patterns and organizational engagement.
- Motivate and enlist staff to participate in volunteer opportunities and act as brand ambassadors.
- Develop and manage an effective employee onboarding process to acclimate, engage and retain employees.
- Work with departments on specific job role orientation and training needs for new hires.
- Lead engagement activities focused on reward, recognition, wellness and volunteer programs.
- Assist with the preparation and coordination of philanthropic, sponsorship and other employee engagement events.
- Measure and report on various key metrics such as acquisition, retention and engagement.
- Author regular communications about engagement activities across internal media channels including newsletter, intranet, and special announcements.
- Manage the budget for recruiting, wellness, and employee benefits.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers and employees in other departments, including executives.
- Exhibit VSECU core cultural values through behavior modeling.
- Maintain records for recruitment and staff engagement initiatives and activities.
- Other related duties assigned as needed.
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work with a diversity of individuals and audiences.
- Collaborative and team-minded spirit.
- Proactive and self-motivated.
- Ability and proficiency to operate independently.
- Creative, innovative and resourceful problem solver.
- Strategic and critical thinking skills and ability to collaborate to achieve results.
- Passionate about helping others achieve success.
- Comfortable interacting with all levels in the organization.
- Aptitude and interest in change management concepts including corporate culture and branding.
- Proficiency in engagement and communication practices and techniques.
- Excellent time management skills managing multiple deadlines.
- Aptitude to operate in a complex, dynamic, and networked organization.
- Ability to multi-task and change direction as needed in a fast-moving environment.
- Ability to deliver on time with accuracy and quality.
- Ability to maintain employee confidentiality at all times.
- A drive for continuous improvement.
- A passion for personal and professional excellence
- Identification of qualified, motivated, and sound candidates for open and potential positions in the organization
- Assessment of and guidance of program activity to align with organizational goals
- Assessment of program results and outcomes to direct improvement
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- At least 2 years of talent acquisition experience required.
- General marketing and HR experience is a plus.
- Excellent computer skills; strong knowledge of Microsoft Office products, including Excel and Powerpoint
- This position requires sitting for long periods of time and working primarily at a workstation or desk. Daily tasks include extensive use of a computer performing standard keyboard functions, requiring repeated motion. Stretching breaks are required to avoid injury.
VSECU is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Minimum Education Required