The NAACP Legal Defense & Educational Fund, Inc. (LDF) is the country’s first and foremost civil and human rights law organization. Founded in 1940 under the leadership of Thurgood Marshall, who subsequently became the first Black U.S. Supreme Court Justice, LDF was launched at a time when the nation’s aspirations for equality and due process of law were stifled by widespread state-sponsored racial inequality. From that era to the present, LDF’s mission has been transformative–to achieve racial justice, equality, and an inclusive society.
LDF’s litigation, policy advocacy, organizing, and public education programs in the substantive areas of criminal justice, economic justice, education and political participation seek to ensure the fundamental and basic human rights of all people to quality education, economic opportunity, the right to vote and fully participate in democracy, and the right to a fair and just judicial system.
Reporting to and in partnership with the Chief Communications & Marketing Officer (CCMO), the Director of Digital Strategy leads LDF’s Digital Division to help define the scope and strategy for all digital campaigns, including social media, and various forms of digital content creation. They work closely across the Communications Department and with other departments in the organization. The Director is responsible for managing members of the Digital Division and serving as a part of the CCMO’s strategic team. They will also work with the Director of Marketing and Brand on digital advertising opportunities.
This position will be remote until June 2021. Beginning June 2021, any candidate selected should be prepared to report to work in the office location assigned to this position.
· Serve as the architect of LDF’s digital strategies to boost the public education and awareness of our cases, clients, campaigns;
· Identify digital opportunities and map out the inputs needed to develop an effective digital strategy and tactics;
· Perform research, analyze data, and develop key insights and action plans based on campaign results and social media analytics;
· Work across departments to support other digital-related work, including Development’s email and digital advertising programs;
· Provide consultation and oversight to other social handles not managed by the Communications Department;
· Work collaboratively with the Director of Marketing and Brand on a digital advertising strategy;
· Oversee and ensure that the Digital Division’s work is in line with the department’s strategic plan;
· Manage all members of the Digital Division, assisting in developing work plans for each member and assessing their performance on a regular basis;
· Drive the adoption of processes and standards, supporting digital best practices and key digital metrics;
· Train, mentor, and onboard new digital staff;
· Other responsibilities as assigned.
· A bachelor’s degree, preferably with a concentration in marketing or advertising;
· A minimum of five years of experience in the digital space;
· Strong managerial experience, including experience developing and mentoring a team;
· Deep understanding of all aspects of digital media, including social, mobile, SEO, etc.;
· Strong knowledge of optimizing campaigns according to required key performance indicators;
· Ability to use Google Analytics, Sprout Social and other analytic tools to evaluate the effectiveness of campaigns beyond the initial interaction;
· Extremely detailed, organized, and ability to multitask effectively under moments of time pressure;
· Ability to think strategically and make innovative recommendations that drive LDF’s goals;
· Flexible schedule, including ability to work some evenings and weekends, if needed;
· Knowledge and familiarity with a range of social and economic justice issues and comfort level promoting its ideals;
· Intermediate level proficiency with MS Office applications;
· Commitment to the racial justice mission of LDF.
This is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts or requirements or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned. This description does not constitute a contract of employment and LDF may exercise its employment-at-will rights at any time.
NAACP LDF has partnered with Chaloner on this search.
Please apply with the following link:
The NAACP Legal Defense and Educational Fund, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to you without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, age, veteran status, medical condition or disability, genetic information, gender identity, or any other protected status under federal, state, or local law.
The NAACP Legal Defense & Educational Fund, Inc. (LDF) is the country’s first and foremost civil and human rights law organization. Founded in 1940 under the leadership of Thurgood Marshall, who subsequently became the first Black U.S…