559 Bloomfield Avenue
Clean Water Action and Clean Water Fund seeks a highly motivated organizer to help implement their Garden State-based clean energy coalition initiatives. The goal is to prevent approval of new fossil fuel projects, as well as advance 100% renewable energy by 2050. This position focuses on geographically specific projects and state-wide policy campaigns.
Clean Water Action is a one million member organization (with 150,000 members in NJ) working to protect our environment, health, economic well-being and community quality of life. Our goals include clean, safe and affordable water; preventing health threatening pollution; increasing environmentally safe jobs and businesses; and empowering people to make democracy work. Clean Water Fund is a separate, but closely associated 501(c)(3) organization that is engaged in education, research, public outreach, training and advocacy.
• Coordinate activities at the local, regional, and state levels. Integrate national Clean Water campaigns where appropriate.
• Facilitate collaborative efforts between project partners, residents, organizations, public officials and entities to work together towards concrete solutions, developing and implementing plans that reduce use of fossil fuels and greenhouse gas emissions, as well as advance 100% renewable by 2050 policies and projects with a particular emphasis on ensuring environmental/climate justice issue are addressed and low income communities and communities of color receive the benefits of climate mitigation, pollution reductions. and the emerging green energy/economy.
• Coordinate organizational and programmatic events, trainings, & educational presentations.
• Research pertinent energy policies and implementation strategies, including green jobs opportunities.
• Conduct public outreach and engagement activities. Recruit and sustain new participants and organizations.
• Produce content and utilize online, social media (Twitter and Facebook) and print communications (e.g. brochures, factsheets, etc.)
• Perform data entry, additional computer and administrative tasks, as needed.
• Undertake other assignments as directed by supervisor.
• Passion for positive change, protecting human health and the environment
• Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills are essential; social media skills a plus
• Solid computer skills are a must (Word, Excel, Power Point, Internet, data bases, etc.)
• Experience with organizing events, conferences, educational forums, as well as conducting workshops, trainings, and small group interactive activities
• Campaign strategy, goal setting and organizing experience a big plus
• Good researcher
• Excellent organizational and time management skills, can multi-task and meet deadlines
• Able to work independently and in a team environment
• Understanding of NJ’s political process and players helpful
Clean Water Action and Clean Water Fund values a diverse workplace. People of color and those from economically disadvantaged communities are particularly encouraged to apply. Clean Water Action is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring on the basis of race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Send resume and a brief statement of interest to: Amy Goldsmith, NJ State Director at firstname.lastname@example.org