KIPP Through College & Career
KTC+ Program Manager
KIPP NYC is the family of all KIPP (Knowledge Is Power Program) programming in New York City and includes six KIPP public middle schools, six KIPP elementary schools, and KIPP NYC College Prep High School. Our schools are designed to teach students to develop the academic and character skills necessary for success in high school and college, to be self-sufficient in the competitive world beyond, and to build a better tomorrow for themselves and us all (www.kippnyc.org).
KIPP Through College & Career (KTC2) works with graduates of our middle and high schools to empower them for success in college and the world beyond. KTC2 currently works with over 1,400 KIPP NYC alumni through 1:1 advising and programs.
The KTC+ Manager leads KTC+, one of KTC2’s innovative, central and growing programs. KTC+ began as a scaling model designed to ensure that all KIPP alumni receive individualized advising after high school to support their persistence through and graduation from college. To better support alumni at scale, combined with learnings from the program, KTC+’s focus has now shifted to career readiness and attainment, targeting KIPP alumni in their junior and senior years of college.
KTC+ programming is delivered via volunteer Career Coaches from across KIPP NYC’s Team and Family members including professionally established alumni. Each Career Coach is matched with a small group of advisees, delivering KTC+’s career curriculum designed to prepare them for internships and success in entry level professional positions post-college graduation. The KTC+ Manager will closely guide nearly 100 volunteer KTC+ Career Coaches, as they help their advisees identify careers of interest, take advantage of internship opportunities, and effectively manage a job search and the selection process, ultimately putting them on a path to live choice-filled lives.
The KTC+ Manager will also support a small number of KTC+ Advisors who will continue working with sophomore alumni they were engaged with last academic year. These sophomores will receive college persistence support, and once they matriculate as juniors will begin with the KTC+ career curriculum.
The position reports to the KIPP NYC Director of Career Services.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The KTC+ Program Manager will guide and support nearly 100 KTC+ volunteer Career Coaches and Advisors. Each volunteer has a caseload of up to four college-enrolled alumni. The KTC+ Manager will ensure that Career Coaches encourage and reinforce KTC+’s career readiness curriculum to juniors and seniors and that Advisors to sophomores will continue to provide their advisees the college persistence support they provided during their freshman year.
· In cooperation with the Director of Career Services and an outside consultant, redesign the KTC+ program to focus on career readiness. This includes assistance with the creation of the KTC+ career readiness curriculum.
· Create and deliver monthly email communication to Coaches and Advisors that is clear, helpful and motivating.
· Plan and lead up to four KTC+ Professional Development sessions that build the skills of all coaches, celebrate their commitments, and inspire them to continue their work with our students.
· Conduct regular KTC+ Coach and Advisor progress check-ins and respond to their inquiries within 24 hours to provide the support they need for their roles.
· Strategize approaches and solutions with the Director of Career Services and Managing Director of KTC2 in instances of program dis-investment by volunteers or alumni.
· When necessary, intervene during career, and possibly academic, financial, or social issues experienced by alumni; the latter 3 items may be managed in conjunction with the college persistence team.
· Play a key role in the planning and execution of KTC NYC’s annual KIPP Alumni Summit ensuring that the programming includes and addresses the needs and interests of KIPP NYC college-aged alumni.
· Manage external partners who will design and deliver the KTC+ career content, per the needs of KTC+ Advisees and Coaches.
· Lead annual recruitment, selection and matching of KTC+ Career Coaches each spring.
· Coordinate communication to KTC+ Advisees as needed through Constant Contact and Signal Vine text technology.
· Assist Director of Career Services with management and approval of Career Success Award to those juniors who complete internship requirements and those seniors who complete career-attainment requirements.
· Data Management
· Administer and oversee the Coach and Advisor tracker that record the status of monthly program deliverables.
· Design and implement a process to capture and input information from the tracker into Salesforce database.
· Run and present Salesforce reports on advisee data.
· Track progress to goals for each Coach and Advisor and report out frequently.
· Liaison with KIPP staff, as needed, to
· Update KTC2’s college persistence teams on progress of Coaches, Advisors and Advisees.
· Discuss advisee case management with KTC2 college persistence team.
· Connect with on campus resources.
· Troubleshoot unforeseen Advisee personal, academic, financial, or social issues.
· Troubleshoot Coach or Advisor performance concerns.
· Zest, grit, gratitude, social intelligence, self-control, curiosity, and optimism J
· Possess a passion for the mission of KIPP NYC.
· Demonstrated experience managing people successfully towards goals.
· Project management experience with a track record of success.
· Superior organizational skills and high attention to detail.
· Outstanding written and oral communication skills, utilized regularly to progress others towards goals.
· Ability to work both collaboratively and independently,
· Operate with a high level of urgency balanced with kindness, empathy, and approachability.
· Strong work ethic and an entrepreneurial spirit to accommodate high level of responsibility and multiple priorities.
· Experience working with young adults, particularly in traditionally underserved communities and in the area of college access, college persistence or career readiness support preferred.
· Experience managing volunteers preferred.
- Master's degree in public administration, higher education administration, business administration, youth development or a related field, preferred.
KIPP NYC LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. KIPP NYC LLC is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Apply through link