990 McLean Ave
Executive Director for the Aisling Irish Community Center, Yonkers, New York
Aisling Irish Community Center in the Yonkers/Woodlawn area of New York is a vibrant community center that has been serving a wide variety of people living in America and Ireland since 1995. The Board of Directors is seeking an Executive Director, a key management leader to oversee responsibility for the administration, programs and strategic development of the organization. The successful applicant will lead the Aisling Irish Center in a manner that supports and guides the organization’s mission in providing a wide range of valuable services to the Irish and Irish-American community it serves. Key duties include financial oversight, fundraising, marketing, and community outreach. This instrumental role is ideal for an action-oriented, adaptable and innovative community leader who is passionate about being involved in all aspects of a growing nonprofit organization. Applicants should have excellent interpersonal, communication, networking, media and management skills with an ability to build effective relationships skills at all levels.
The position reports directly to the Board of Directors.
Primary areas of responsibility include:
· Strategic Planning: Provide leadership in developing and implementing the Aisling Irish Center’s strategic plan in conjunction with the Board of Directors.
· Program Development and Management: Research, implement and supervise programs and services that are consistent with the Aisling Center’s strategic goals. Monitor the day-to-day delivery of Aisling Irish Center programs and services of the organization to maintain or improve quality.
· Fund Development/Grant Oversight and Fiscal Management: Together with the Board, develop and manage the fundraising and financial strategies of the organization; develop an annual budget for approval by the Board; coordinate grant applications for government agencies and oversee the management of all funds, consistent with the AICC’s accounting system,
· Staff Leadership and Management: Motivate and evaluate staff; coordinate work with the Board’s committees, volunteers and partner organizations.
· Community Relations: Establish and maintain good working relationships and collaborations with community groups, funders, politicians, and represent the Aisling Irish Center at government functions, community activities and enhance the organization's profile.
· Communication/Public Relations: Oversee advertising and promotion of activities and programs of the Aisling Irish Center. Monitor the AICC brand exposure on all social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn.
· Oversight: Maintain official records and documents relating to the organization’s legal and financial existence to ensure compliance with federal, state and local regulations.
The successful candidate will have a proven track record of managing people, developing strategic business plans, managing budgets and achieving goals. More importantly, the Executive Director must communicate passion and excitement for the Aisling Irish Center’s mission in public messages.
Potential candidates should meet the following criteria:
· Bachelor’s degree (Master’s preferred), plus the successful completion of various professional development courses
· A minimum of ten years of senior level nonprofit organization experience is preferred
· In-depth knowledge and experience with Irish culture
· Proven track record of success in a leadership position overseeing operations of an organization or program with exposure to foundations, while maintaining solid relationships with staff, board, donors and community
· Visionary and innovative thinker with extensive experience in leading the process of program development and ongoing strategic planning
· A solid knowledge of accounting, budgeting, financial management and marketing.
· Strong organizational abilities including planning, delegating and meeting deadlines.
· Ability to convey a vision of Aisling Irish Center’s strategic future to staff, board, volunteers and donors
· Knowledge of fundraising strategies and donor relations unique to nonprofit sector
· Outstanding written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent interpersonal skills
· Extensive experience in public speaking/public relations/social media
· Ability to positively motivate and develop staff, board, and volunteers and build consensus
Applicants should submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com by 3pm Friday Nov. 23, 2018. Salary commensurate with experience.
Minimum Education Required