Senior Manager, Communications & Events
- Job posted by Working In Support of Education (W!se) - New York City
careers. Our organization fosters long-term strategic partnerships among leaders in business, education, and government. It is an organization with a culture of caring that is doing meaningful work to improve the lives of the 200,000 we reach each year. Visit www.wise-ny.org for more information.
W!SE is seeking a talented and experienced front line Communications Manager with excellent writing skills to drive awareness of wise and our quality educational programming for young people and adults. The ideal candidate has a passion for our mission and will have experience managing marketing/public relations, social media, preparing annual reports and organizing events. Equally important is the ability to set priorities and move multiple projects in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
Communications/ Public Relations
· Build and maintain relationships with media contacts and serve as the liaison to press
· Prepare press releases and press kits
· Produce the w!se annual report
· Develop and update marketing materials: brochures, advertisements, fact sheets etc.
· Manage all aspects of special events including run of show, scripts, speeches, training volunteers, etc.
· Manage the w!se website and create content
· Drive and generate an active social media presence and audience
· B.A./B.S. in English, marketing, communications preferred
· Superior written and oral communication skills and ability to oversee multiple tasks and perform well under pressure.
· High degree of proficiency in Acrobat, InDesign, Illustrator, Adobe Premier for videos, Microsoft Suite and willingness to research and learn new software.
· Strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to collaborate and work effectively with clientele, staff members.
· Effectively works independently and collaboratively
· Exceptional attention to detail
· Availability of a work portfolio that includes marketing materials, reports, events etc., for review
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Email resume, cover letter with salary requirement, a 2 page writing sample to iinfo [at] wise-ny.org or fax to 212-980-5053. No calls please.