Details: DOE + Full benefits
832 Folsom Street
One in 25 children in San Francisco’s schools are experiencing homelessness. Are you passionate about advancing innovative solutions that will end family homelessness by 2020?
If so, we could use your talents as a Housing Stability Coordinator at Hamilton Families!
Hamilton Families (HF) is dedicated to ending family homelessness in the San Francisco Bay Area by 2020. HF’s rapid re-housing program helps families find and move into market-rate housing in the Bay Area. We do this through housing search assistance, move-in financial assistance, a medium-term rental subsidy, and home-based case management to help families move toward self-sufficiency. Working collaboratively with the City, the San Francisco Unified School District, and key partners, Hamilton is scaling up this program to assist 800 families with children in the school district.
As a Housing Stability Coordinator you will support a growing team that helps families maintain permanent housing. Use your skills as a capable team builder and detailed problem-solver to ensure seamless delivery of our ongoing housing stability services.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
● Be a Technical Expert: With a deep understanding of our operational policies and procedures, you will support our Housing Stability team to clarify processes and systems that ensure seamless service delivery.
● Be a Leader: You set an example of kind and motivational leadership that delivers serious results. You know how to communicate with a diverse staff to motivate and implement success. Your verbal and written communication skills are best-in-class.
● Be a Hands-On Coach: Directly supervise our Housing Stability Specialists and support their work with creative problem solving, clarity, and regular check-ins.
● Say Yes: Whether it’s working on special projects, carrying a caseload of families, entering data into Salesforce, solving service delivery problems, or leading meetings for the department, you say yes to wearing many hats all at once.
Qualifications, Skills and Abilities
● We value people who can delicately balance big picture goals with detail-oriented implementation. In an ever-changing campaign environment, it’s key for a leader to prioritize multiple deadlines, immediate growing pains, and long-term vision.
● You should have a BA from an accredited college or university (social work, psychology, or related field preferred) and 2 years of relevant experience in housing or human services with a demonstrated ability to exercise appropriate authority and sound judgment OR a minimum of 4 years of experience in a relevant profession. We're also looking for 1 year of experience in a managerial or supervisory role.
● You must be able to manage multiple projects with demanding deadlines with superior organizational abilities, planning, and quality work product delivery.
● You should be experienced with database management, quality control, and file maintenance.
● You should be excellent at establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with a variety of individuals and groups and providing compassionate and consistent supervision.
● Previous experience working with homeless populations and/or knowledge or housing and community resources is a big plus!
● You need a CA driver’s license and must be willing to travel throughout the Bay Area.
Why choose Hamilton Families?
Great benefits: We offer excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage, plus tax-advantaged Flexible Spending Arrangements for Health Care and Dependent Care. Employees also have the chance to earn up to $180 per calendar year for participating in various wellness activities and can participate in partnership discounts with various YMCA locations. Additionally, HF offers tax deductible commuter benefits that can be applied to public transit, parking, bicycle maintenance, and ride sharing services like Uber pool.
Growth and leadership opportunities: The work at HF is designed for individuals to follow their passions and commitment to community. HF takes professional development seriously and offers coaching and training opportunities at every level. A role with the Navigation team is great for an individual who is interested in exploring real estate, affordable housing, social work, and/or mental health fields. We also offer a $1,000 educational stipend to employees each year and offer dozens of internal and external trainings for staff at every level annually.
Time off: HF employees take advantage of generous sick and vacation benefits including 11 paid holidays, 3 weeks of vacation and 2 weeks of sick time per year.
Long term benefits: HF offers an employer-matched 403(b) retirement plan, education reimbursement, and other great long term benefits!
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
- Please click here to apply via Hamilton Families’ ADP Applicant Portal.
- Please attach your résumé and a letter of interest.
- No faxes or phone calls.
- Hamilton Families is an Equal Opportunity Employer.